Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
We always work through the summer. Even when they went to institutional school, I supplemented in the summer.

We are finishing up their math, so we can start the new books in the fall. For reading we are doing a cool project called Literary Pockets. We just started a geography unit study using Around the World in Eighty Days. Add in tennis lessons for John and swimming lessons for Ian and Owen and there is our summer.

· Registered
152 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillian J
my son was always busy and happy playing full time with his friends in the summer Lillian
My children's friends are no more available for weekday play during the summer then they are during the school year. I am one of only a handful of SAHMs with school-age children in our neighborhood (only 3 of us on my block). Daycare in the summer has a different name - daycamp. Most of the kids in our neighborhood go to the city's "daycamp" every day, every week of the summer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.