Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've recently decided to do year round schooling with my kids. We just finished our three weeks off and are gearing up to start our nine weeks "on" today. The kids are actually excited about it! :LOL Very motivated to finish their school work from their current grade so they can get new books. I'm hoping this will continue. We're doing only four days and only a few subjects/day. We're working around the park days that our homeschool group has a couple times/week during the summer and adding in some art camps and vacation bible school for a couple of the kids. Anyway, here we go!

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We're still truckin!
I got tons of inspiration and new ideas from our state homeschool conference last weekend. One of which was that the internet and chat rooms are time sucks. :LOL I just can't stay away. I am lonely without them!

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just thought it would be hard to do b/c most of the kid's friends are off for the summer. I thought my kids would be bummed to be doing schoolwork but they really don't care. They just tell their friends they can't play until the afternoon and that's that. We will also be juggling vacation Bible school for one dd and art camp for two of the kids so we'll see how that works out. The child(ren) going to the camps won't have to do schoolwork but we'll see what the "it's not fair" comments do to me. All of the kids were offered to go, though, and only one or two wanted to.

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everyday is a school day and I would record it as such. Especially with a child as young as five years old.

Another great thing about this schooling is the summer is no sleepovers! The kids don't even ask to have anyone sleep over b/c they know "it's a school night"

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I really look forward to having blocks of time off during different seasons. The fall is my FAV time of year and exploring in the winter months (or just sleeping in and watching movies) will be awesome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.