Mothering Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I really look forward to having blocks of time off during different seasons. The fall is my FAV time of year and exploring in the winter months (or just sleeping in and watching movies) will be awesome!

· Registered
15,997 Posts
we school all year round on no particular schedule. we enjoy taking time off on all seasons. and even in summer when friends aren't away at various camps, classes, activities or vacation there is still plenty of time to play. last year I remember the girl down the street laying on the couch and encouraging dd to get back to work so they could go out and play :LOL we are actually very very effecient during the summer thanks to that little girl :LOL but we also spend lots of time playing in the spring and fall with neighborhood kids and in the winter we hybernate.
but we don't schedule time on and off. we take time off as we need it and travel at our own pace. we are never behind just where we are. sometimes we go months without a break and sometimes we go months without schooling. it all works out in the end.

· Registered
5,828 Posts
OT--

Lilyka, that's hilarious about the neighbor girl! Reminds me of the way my parents would let my best friend from down the street come in and visit when I was grounded for not cleaning my room, because they knew she would get me motivated to clean it so i could go over to her house and play--and help her clean HER room!

· Registered
15,997 Posts
We may have invited neighbor girl in when a room needed to be cleaned. I came up one day and she was standing there with a stack og pillows and a broom handle. I asked her what she was doing. she said she was keeping them moving. not sure I want to know. :LOL She is a riot. the only time we have had a problem is when she would start the whole "this is so easy" well yeah, my oldest is 2 year younger than her. but otherwise we even planned breifly to homeschool her too. but they found another solution for now. one that involves her moving
and again I say

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.