Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to try a gauze wrap for summer but don't have $50 and up?

5 yards of cool, breezy gauze in Coffee , brand new, never used, only washed and dried. This fabric is 54 inches wide! You can leave it as is to fold in half lengthwise or cut it to your preferred width. I have never hemmed my other gauze wrap and it's fine, but you can hem or serge if you like.

I paid $4.35/yd for this fabric and am asking $3/yd, plus the cost of shipping. That's a gauze wrap for under $20! Feel the gauze love

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
can you give me a bit more info about the gauze wraps? The only kind I've tried are the Didymos and the Gypsy Mama wraps. Are they anything like those? Why would I have to fold it in half or cut it, is it just too big? Can I take it in water? Is it kind of stretchy?
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe this is the same kind of fabric used to make the GypsyMama wraps. If not exactly the same, verrrry similar.

It's wide yardage, not a finished wrap, and I think 54" wide would probably be too wide for most people, but then you can choose the exact width you like by folding or trimming the width.

It's thin and lightweight, so I don't see any reason why you couldn't take it in water (it's colorfast). It would dry more slowly than a Solarveil sling but more quickly than, well, about anything else. (I think the coffee color is nice, too, in that it's dark enough to protect from the sun without overheating like black fabric would.)

It has diagonal stretch. I've enjoyed my other gauze wrap, it seems to conform well to baby. Gauze also seems to be easy to work with, as it tends to "grip" itself.

You're welcome

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by girlndocs
I believe this is the same kind of fabric used to make the GypsyMama wraps. If not exactly the same, verrrry similar.

It's wide yardage, not a finished wrap, and I think 54" wide would probably be too wide for most people, but then you can choose the exact width you like by folding or trimming the width.

It's thin and lightweight, so I don't see any reason why you couldn't take it in water (it's colorfast). It would dry more slowly than a Solarveil sling but more quickly than, well, about anything else. (I think the coffee color is nice, too, in that it's dark enough to protect from the sun without overheating like black fabric would.)

It has diagonal stretch. I've enjoyed my other gauze wrap, it seems to conform well to baby. Gauze also seems to be easy to work with, as it tends to "grip" itself.

You're welcome

The total price would be $15 + shipping? Can you give me an estimate of what shipping would be to 78664? Lemme know what that cost is and your paypal addy and I'll send you the funds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.