Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Stbx told me today he's seeing someone. At first I felt immense relief. I wondered why he had suddenly quit showing up, texting & calling and why he was spending soooo much time at his sister's house. (His sister lives in the same set of townhouses where I live - I could throw a ball through her window from mine)  Turns out his sister set him up with a girl who lives a few townhouses over from her. <br>
I felt such relief because now he'll stay away from me. </p>
<p>Then it turned to panic because he was telling me how before this she was in a DV shelter, she was in a violently abusive relationship and her partner almost killed her.</p>
<p>Now in swoops stbx who does the knight in shining armour act in an amazingly convincing way... and just happens to have rage issues (possibly related to him being bipolar, possibly because he chooses to act that way, probably both.)  </p>
<p>I never thought I'd be praying that he's right when he told me that *I* am the reason for his rage issues because he's "fine now" that he's not with me. I really hope that is true for her sake.</p>

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
<p>Oh wow.  That would be difficult.  I hope she is able to see the warning signs so that she doesn't repeat the same scenario she just got out of. </p>

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
<p>Oh gosh, that is difficult. Like Theia said, I hope she's able to see the red flags and not relive the same experience. Crazy, how easy it is to hop from abuser to abuser.</p>
<p>Are you thinking of trying to find a way to talk to her? I could see that getting really complicated.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts