Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It occurred to ds1 that he doesn't actually have to stay in his bed, and now I can't get him to take a nap. I'm exhausted and have a cold, as does he, and he just will not lay still and go to sleep. I know he would if he'd just give it a rest for two consecutive seconds. He ran into our room, where dh and ds2 were sleeping (dh works nights), and woke ds2 up, so now I have him, wide awake and wiggling in my lap. There's no way I can get even a fifteen minute nap now. He keeps getting up and running around slamming doors. I just caught him in the bathroom trying to empty a lotion bottle onto the floor. And when I lead him back to bed, he grins at me. I'm so mad at him right now. I hate to say it, but I just want to grab him and shake him.
:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't be too tough on yourself, it is challenging with two little ones under 3. KNnow that you are not alone and it is normal to feel really angry at either child when your sick and sleep deprived. I'm not sure of how to help you. I have put up a gate in the room that me and the dd's sleep in. Now that dd2 is 15mos old she will not stay in the room (even with me in there). So I put up the gate when I lay down and then she can cry and try to get out and get as frustrated as she wants but eventually she comes and lays down and she is out. She is not alone "crying it out" because I am in there with her. I don't know how to keep the youngest asleep through all the commotion though. Maybe if you can rock in a chair in dd1 room with gate up until they go to sleep and maybe dd2 will fall asleep in your arms and then you can lay down without waking up dd2 (lol like that is possible), anyway just some suggestions. HOpe you soon get some sleep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.