Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a homebirthin mama-to-be with a midwife out of Bloomington. As of right now, we're going to use a back-up doc in B'ton since I don't really live very far from there. We're supposed to see this guy every trimester which means three gauranteed roadtrips to B'ton. Recommend some good eats to me while I'm there! I'm a big eater. About the only thing we won't eat is seafood and we'll try pretty muchanything. We love hole in the wall places. Favorite cuisines are Italian, American and Mexican. Thanks!!

Namaste, Tara
proud mama to Doodle (6yrs earthside), Butterfly (22mos earthside) and Rythm (due at home 1/06)

·
Registered
240 Posts
OH!!!! I LOVE the "Trojan Horse" it is on the corner of Kirkwood and Walnut, right around the square. Its Greek and its YUMMY!!! They have gyros and a great chicken salad sandwich, as well as my personal favorite--deep fried dill pickles--they're sooooooooooooooooooooooo good and not expensive!! EAT UP!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Okay, now I'm drooling for the Trojan Horse. I also like the Bakehouse, Encore Cafe, Tina's (it's a little catering place right off of fourth street but they have great sandwiches), Grazi, etc.

We should do lunch sometime.
Our kiddos are close in age.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Little Tibet (Asian food, the best curries in town), Siam House (good variety of Thai), these are both on 4th St.; Encore Cafe on 6th street (soups, salads, sandwiches, lots of organic and vegetarian stuff, great salad bar, very kid friendly), Lennie's for the best Italian (on 10th street), and the deli at Bloomingfoods Co-op (east third street). These are our favorites, enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
LOL - I immediately thought TROJAN HORSE - but someone beat me to it. The only bad thing is you're not supposed to have soft cheeses while pregnant, so my favorite, the Cheese Pa'rer is out of the question! When I was pregnant I wanted it SOOO badly! A friend brought me some right after ds's birth! :LOL

I also second Encore and Lennies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.