Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm out on the porch today in all my no-shower, bra-in-the-laundry glory, and my son is wearing nothing but his brand-new cd.....and I'm doing that airplane-over-the-head thing with him singing 'who do you love?' cause it makes him laugh in that irresistible way that mama does anything, anytime, anywhere for that LOL when a little voice behind me says "I wanna see the baby"........so over comes little NG (neighbor girl) about 3, and I let her sit with baby on lap...........and here comes the other little girl and mom. And NM (neighbor mom) says 'Oh, the baby wears cloth diapers!' (in a happy way) 'so much better for the environment' Turns out she used 'em too! So I said 'yeah, he just started wearing 'em today...what am I doing wrong if he poos *everywhere?*' She said nothing, it happens sometimes.......
(well it wasn't EVERYWHERE, just the cover, he wasn't wearing clothes but if he had been, it wouldn't have been there.)

But anyway, that just shocked me that I'd have next door neighbors who used cd's too! I didn't think ANYONE out here did! Except me and one other person lol. Now I know 2 other people :p

·
Registered
85 Posts
How nice. Everyone I know thinks I'm nuts. Well - I do have a few folks interested ... maybe I'll win some converts soon.

I have some family who CD'd (by choice) but like 10-15 yrs ago. That was my first exposure actually - babysitting.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That marks the second time in the over a year I've lived here that I've ever talked to that neighbor............the first time being right after ds was born, she came to the door wondering if one of us could come watch her kids for a couple minutes because something was up with her son at the school, which is across the street. (I got my mom to do it cause well, here I am with a newborn, I was in jammies and the whole bit, and she'd at least *talked* to her before!)

·
Registered
281 Posts
How cool!! It's fun knowing other CDers IRL!

By odd coincidence, 5 of 8 people in my playgroup cloth diaper their babies...and we're in a small-ish town in the middle of nowhere. Okay, one is me, and two are my good friends & converts, but the others are just coincidental!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts