Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the beginning of row 5 the pattern says that I'm supposed to slip (purlwise) the last three stiches of each row. So if I do that, when I turn my work, the yarn is sitting three stitches in because of slipping those stitches. How do I purl or knit the beginning stitches of the subsequent rows? Do I work each stitch individually as if the yarn was right there?

I hope my question makes sense, its really late and I should be sleeping. :LOL

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I don't know the pattern you are speaking of... but in the subsequent rows does it have you knitting two stitches together? It sounds like you are about to make a shaped corner- like the heel in a sock. If so- just put your faith in the pattern and do what it tells you to- within six rows- you should find out where they were taking you with those slipped stitches.

Do you have a picture of the hat in the pattern? I love pilot hats!

Love Sarah

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittin' in the Shade
You just knit the first stitch like normal, it'll pull the yarn across the back of the slipped stitches, which is what you want becuase that will force the work to bend at that point, making the little icord tube edging that you want

Ah Ha! That's what I thought. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.