Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have a sec, but in your malls, you may want to check out the 'nursing facilities'- a CHAIR in a STALL. At least in mine.

Gotta split right now, but I thought it was something to mull over. I am dissatisfied with this (to say the least). Said something in horror ("OMG! In the toilet?! That's nasty!") but it's mall management, not the hapless employee who directed me there (note: I was asking, I wasn't told to go there or anything), who ought to hear something.

I've never seen such a thing in my life- I spent my nip years with my dd nursing in a stall because there WERE no nursing rooms (and I hadn't had Megerina here to encourage to get out & do it
), but to have it be SPECIFIED, two ft from a toilet & changing table (literally, a chair stuck in the handicapped stall)- I am still a bit in shock.

Discuss. (Is this common?)

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump, they are scattered around the country. I can't be the only one who's noticed this. (I am embarrassed that I hadn't noticed before; we go to this one infrequently, but it DOES have a nice playground
, and any other time I just nursed wherever- usually on a bench in the courtyard downwind from a dozen smokers, sigh.)

I feel a little weird bringing it up to them myself, as we had an injury there (I was looking for a place to get my 3 yr old out of his bloodstained clothes without hurting his toe, i.e. a little elbow room & a comfortable place to sit- he is modest & would not have appreciated it anywhere but someplace private) & wasn't even going there to nurse.

But if you do have a Prime Outlets (let's see, Miami Mami has one, there's Calhoun Georgia, Orlando, Santa Barbera... I can't remember more) this may be a good place to lactivate (isn't that what lactivists do?
I love coining words).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.