Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today just as I was getting in the shower, I remembered I forgot to start dinner (crockpot) so I ran out to start it, and I was standing naked in the kitchen (who doesn't? lol) Anyway, dd comes around the corner and says, "Hi baby!" and then looked up at me and said, "Hi mama!" It cracked me up. I haven't noticed her do this when my belly isn't showing though. When I ask her to give the baby a kiss, sometimes she'll kiss my belly.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessitron View Post
Aw, how sweet!
Your daughter is 2 days younger that mine. Evelyn doesn't seem interested at all in the concept of baby in belly.
Emily is all about the babies. When we're out and she sees a baby, she has to stop. I have to constantly tell her not to touch (she'll then hold up one finger, for the one finger rule, and we say, "no, no touching!")

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
How sweet!!

My youngest is about 5 months older and will "look" for the baby and give the baby hugs and kisses occasionally. It's amazing how much they can understand so young! Though I have to remember that my first DS was this same age - 2.5 - when his baby brother was born, and seemed to "get it" all!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
What a cute story!

Our dd is 2.5, and honestly I am not sure how much she gets. She keeps talking about the babies coming to play with her, and kisses my tummy occasionally, but then when we showed her the u/s pics and told her that was the babies, she looked at us like we were crazy. I could just hear her thinking, "uh, guys, I've seen babies, and these are NOT babies!"

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena View Post
What a cute story!

Our dd is 2.5, and honestly I am not sure how much she gets. She keeps talking about the babies coming to play with her, and kisses my tummy occasionally, but then when we showed her the u/s pics and told her that was the babies, she looked at us like we were crazy. I could just hear her thinking, "uh, guys, I've seen babies, and these are NOT babies!"

I can totally see that!

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena View Post
What a cute story!

: I'm wondering how dd will react to the ultrasound (she'll be there with me.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.