Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Katherine, I'm the SAHM mother of two very wonderful children Hailyn 2.5 y/o and Ashton 2.5 months. I'm 24 and I've been married for 5 years. We have a wonderful marraige and are obsessed with our children! We cloth diaper, eat organic (mostly), baby wear, breastfeed and co sleep.

We consider ourselves to be "new' AP parents. Let me explain... When Hailyn was born I use to look at her and just cry sometimes (I'm a freak). I loved her so much it was terrifying. I also couldn't imagine how anyone could ever lay a harsh hand on their child. She was so precious and innocent. Well, she turned two and I learned. Parenting is hard, and I guess I wasn't prepared for it to be so challenging all of a sudden. After a couple really hard weeks and quite a few spankings, Hailyn began just being a pissed off little kid. She was so angry, and it was because she was seeing me angry. What a wake up call! Now let me clarify that it's not like we beat the snot out of her or anything, just a pop on the butt. She actually laughed when dh spanked! I just don't think that hitting her is a way to teach her to be nice! And it makes for such a stressed household. Spanking is the result of a parent not taking that moment to take a deep breath and gather patience! So now we're both practicing gentle discipline.

I wanted to join this forum to meet more parents with the same beliefs as mine, and to hopefully learn things to help make me a better mother. Thanks for taking the time to read my novel!

·
Premium Member
15,078 Posts
Welcome to MDC!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts