Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and I am very lonely much of the time. My dh works A LOT and so it is just me and my 7 month dd. I am really wanting to meet other local mamas. I am still kind of new to mothering, I have been on amitymama a lot though. Anyone else want to get to know someone new, please post! A little about me, I grew up in Tri-Cities, WA and moved over here 2 years ago, met my husband shortly after moving here, we got married about 1 year ago. DD was born March 5, 2003...quite a birth experience and not a good one.....anyways, I love to sing and play violin and plan on homeschooling dd, non vaccinating, almost a licensed cosmetologist....lots more to know if you are in the market for a new friend!!!

Shilowe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there! I live in downtown Sumner. My son is 20 months old. I can sure relate to your feelings of isolation with a new baby. It seemed to get better after the year old mark though. It 's hard when hubby works long hours too, been there! Finding a niche of like-minded mamas seems to be key, I'm still working on it as we just moved to Sumner from Seattle last year. If you want to chat email me.

Jen

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello!
I'm in Gig Harbor, across the bridge from you. :)
I go to Tacoma occasionally to shop at Marlene's
Natural Health food store.

Maybe we could meet up sometime?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I go there sometimes too. I love their bread, but I am on a low carb diet right now trying to lose baby weight so I haven't it for a long time
But I like going there!! LMK next time you go!

·
Registered
173 Posts
AndreaKim,

I'm Trish and I just moved to Olympia in August. I have one friend here, who is awesome, but I'm used to alot more socialization.

I have one dd, 13 mths and am a natural living person. I am considering homeschooling but am still researching. What else can I tell you? My dh works a 9-5er and I too get lonely just hanging out at home all the time. I have only been up to Tacoma once but I have a car and a willingness to find my way around places. I would love to meet up at a park or something.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hurray! Other Tacoma (and Oly) mamas!

DH & I moved to Tacoma from Seattle last year, and then DD came along last November, and I've been feeling very isolated...I've found it very difficult to connect with other like-minded moms in Tacoma, although I know I'm not the only one in town. I'm on the mailing list for NAP mtgs, but their playgroup is for older kids, and just started to make it to LLL mtgs.

My DD, Ava, is 10 months old tomorrow, I'm a WAHM (although I don't get a lot of work done anymore
), DH & I are Greener-grads, and we're your run of the mill organic food-eating, co-sleeping, AP kinda people. DH works in Seattle which gives Ava & me lots of time for visiting. We're not too far from Marlene's, and I'm there a few times each week...

If you're still looking for new mama friends, please let me know

·
Registered
173 Posts
I haven't heard anything since I last posted, but I will try again. Dh is a Greener-grad, too, which is what brought us out here. I am still in the same position of only knowing a handful of people. Dh warns against meeting people "from the internet", but if it's at a public place I don't see the harm. I'll check back here or you can pm me

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by OlyMama
I haven't heard anything since I last posted, but I will try again. Dh is a Greener-grad, too, which is what brought us out here. I am still in the same position of only knowing a handful of people. Dh warns against meeting people "from the internet", but if it's at a public place I don't see the harm. I'll check back here or you can pm me

Sorry about not posting. Been busy with baby!!
BTW, what is a Greener-grad?

I just found out my Dad will be giving a talk at the Marlene's
in Federal Way on October 30th. I've never been to the
Federal Way location, but am going to check it out when
he's there. His name is Dr. Jonathan V. Wright and he'll be
talking about hormonal imbalance and natural ways to solve
the problem. He wrote a book called "Natural Hormone
Replacement for Women Over 45" and I'm sure that will be
for sale during the talk too.

Anyone planning to go to the Tacoma location any time soon?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi AndreaKim -

I was just at the Tacoma Marlene's this afternoon, and I'll probably be back there on Thursday or Friday.

A greener-grad is a graduate of The Evergreen State College (the students are called Greeners). It's better than calling yourself a Geoduck, the school mascot

Do you go to the LLL or NAP mtgs in Tacoma?

edited to add: I think I've seen your dad's book at Marlene's...Does he give talks around the Northwest? My mom isn't close enough to Federal Way to attend his upcoming talk, but I think she'd be interested in what he has to say...I'm sure it's in his book, too - I'll tell her to check it out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
<<<< Hi AndreaKim -

I was just at the Tacoma Marlene's this afternoon, and I'll probably be back there on Thursday or Friday.

A greener-grad is a graduate of The Evergreen State College (the students are called Greeners). It's better than calling yourself a Geoduck, the school mascot
>>>>

Ohhhh, you know, after I posted my post, I realized you
must have meant Evergreen! I went to CWU myself and don't
really know anyone who went to Evergreen.

<<< Do you go to the LLL or NAP mtgs in Tacoma? >>>

I haven't yet. I just started attending the Gig Harbor
LLL meetings and really enjoy them, although they are
very small. I would like to know when the Tacoma LLL
meetings are. Also, I always seem to be missing the
NAP meetings. Do you know when the next one is?

<<< edited to add: I think I've seen your dad's book at Marlene's...Does he give talks around the Northwest? >>>

Yes, he does. He's pretty famous and gives talks all over
the USA and in other countries as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi!! I started this thread and then kinda stopped coming to Mothering...I mostly post on Amitymama.com....I just like the higher traffic there and less governing, etc., anyway....I would love to meet up with the mamas going to Marlene's. I love going there...been kinda avoiding it cuz of that delicious bread that I am not eating right now due to trying to lose baby weight...but will go there to meet up sometime and have a mocha or something.....LMK next time you all go!! My email is [email protected] and my username at Amitymama.com is mrsinchworm in case you ever go there!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
The LLL mtgs in North Tacoma are held on the first Friday of each month at 10 am in the mtg room of the Wheelock Library at 26th & Adams in the Proctor District. The next one is this Friday, and I'm planning on being there - The focus this month is on "Nutrition and Weaning with a special emphasis on making healthy food choices for your family".

Northwest Attachment Parenting has all sorts of different activities during the month. I'll track down the name of the MDC mama who runs the group and post that here ASAP.

Shilowe, I'll definitely send you an email when I schedule my next trip to Marlene's...

·
Registered
71 Posts
<<< The LLL mtgs in North Tacoma are held on the first Friday of each month at 10 am in the mtg room of the Wheelock Library at 26th & Adams in the Proctor District. The next one is this Friday, and I'm planning on being there - The focus this month is on "Nutrition and Weaning with a special emphasis on making healthy food choices for your family". >>>

I mapquested it and it's only about 36 min. from
me so I'll definitely try to be there this Friday! :)

<<< Northwest Attachment Parenting has all sorts of different activities during the month. I'll track down the name of the MDC mama who runs the group and post that here ASAP. >>>

Great, I'd like to see if I can attend some of them!

<<< Shilowe, I'll definitely send you an email when I schedule my next trip to Marlene's... >>>

Email me too please!!! [email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Hello~

Just wanted to welcome you to the boards!!! (sorry i'm late posting!)

I attended the Puyallup LLL when my ds (who is now 7) was little and am thinking about going to the No. Tac. meeting this friday, with my 5 mo. old dd.

She is waking up, but hope to see you!

Warmly~

Lisa:bf

·
Registered
173 Posts
So, who made it to the meeting?

Wouldn't it be great if we could get a whole MDC group together at the LLL meetings?

I didn't make it this time but I hope to in the future.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
That would be great!
I made it there with Amber and it was a great meeting ~ LOTS of other mom's and babes. AndreaKim and ChiknGirl were there w/their girls too. Hope to see you next time.

Warmly~

Lisa:bf

·
Registered
312 Posts
How funny! I didn't realize that the Lisa I sat next to was you, lisamarie, or that AndreaKim was there - Next time, I'll have to ask who the MDC mamas are! Anyway, it was great to see everyone, even if I spent most of my time keeping Ava from eating the peeling wall at the back...

Hope you can make it next time, Olymama! Also, there's a new LLL chapter starting in Lakewood, meeting at 10 am in the Lakewood Town Center next Thursday (at least, I think that's when it's meeting). Ava & I will try to make it to that one, too - That's even closer to Olympia...

Take care!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
But I'm in North Olympia, and if you get together at someplace other than LLL I'd like to go!

Right now I'm a WOHM, but I may be a SAHM in the near future, at least for a while. (Merger, layoff, blah blah that kind of stuff)

One of you said you had a 7yo, any more moms to bigger kids or all babies?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.