Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
Hurray! Other Tacoma (and Oly) mamas!

DH & I moved to Tacoma from Seattle last year, and then DD came along last November, and I've been feeling very isolated...I've found it very difficult to connect with other like-minded moms in Tacoma, although I know I'm not the only one in town. I'm on the mailing list for NAP mtgs, but their playgroup is for older kids, and just started to make it to LLL mtgs.

My DD, Ava, is 10 months old tomorrow, I'm a WAHM (although I don't get a lot of work done anymore
), DH & I are Greener-grads, and we're your run of the mill organic food-eating, co-sleeping, AP kinda people. DH works in Seattle which gives Ava & me lots of time for visiting. We're not too far from Marlene's, and I'm there a few times each week...

If you're still looking for new mama friends, please let me know

· Registered
261 Posts
Hi AndreaKim -

I was just at the Tacoma Marlene's this afternoon, and I'll probably be back there on Thursday or Friday.

A greener-grad is a graduate of The Evergreen State College (the students are called Greeners). It's better than calling yourself a Geoduck, the school mascot

Do you go to the LLL or NAP mtgs in Tacoma?

edited to add: I think I've seen your dad's book at Marlene's...Does he give talks around the Northwest? My mom isn't close enough to Federal Way to attend his upcoming talk, but I think she'd be interested in what he has to say...I'm sure it's in his book, too - I'll tell her to check it out.

· Registered
261 Posts
The LLL mtgs in North Tacoma are held on the first Friday of each month at 10 am in the mtg room of the Wheelock Library at 26th & Adams in the Proctor District. The next one is this Friday, and I'm planning on being there - The focus this month is on "Nutrition and Weaning with a special emphasis on making healthy food choices for your family".

Northwest Attachment Parenting has all sorts of different activities during the month. I'll track down the name of the MDC mama who runs the group and post that here ASAP.

Shilowe, I'll definitely send you an email when I schedule my next trip to Marlene's...

· Registered
261 Posts
How funny! I didn't realize that the Lisa I sat next to was you, lisamarie, or that AndreaKim was there - Next time, I'll have to ask who the MDC mamas are! Anyway, it was great to see everyone, even if I spent most of my time keeping Ava from eating the peeling wall at the back...

Hope you can make it next time, Olymama! Also, there's a new LLL chapter starting in Lakewood, meeting at 10 am in the Lakewood Town Center next Thursday (at least, I think that's when it's meeting). Ava & I will try to make it to that one, too - That's even closer to Olympia...

Take care!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.