Mothering Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Hey Rebecca, such a small world!!!!! Thanks for the advice too on the New Native!

I have a 7 yo little boy and then my 5 mo. old dd. I know a few of the other mom's there have some older kids too.

Warmly~

Lisa:bf

· Registered
12,156 Posts
I'm just barely north of Tacoma in Federal Way, and I go to Tacoma a lot. I'd love to get together with some mommies near me. Too bad I saw this thread too late or I would have gone to the LLL meeting yesterday. Anyway, if you girls plan a shopping trip or something I'd love to go, or if anyone else wants to get together sometime, I'd be up for it. PM me or e-mail me! I'm [email protected]

· Registered
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rebx
How funny! I didn't realize that the Lisa I sat next to was you, lisamarie, or that AndreaKim was there - Next time, I'll have to ask who the MDC mamas are! Anyway, it was great to see everyone, even if I spent most of my time keeping Ava from eating the peeling wall at the back...

Then you probably saw my daughter, Allison. She spent most
of her time during the meeting near the back wall too. She was
the four year old carrying her yellow blankie around. She had
a ponytail.

I was the one who came in 30 min. late wearing my almost 7
week old in a Maya Wrap. I then sat on the floor to breastfeed
and never did make it into an actual chair. LOL!!

· Registered
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gendenwitha
One of you said you had a 7yo, any more moms to bigger kids or all babies?
I have a 7 1/2 year old, but she's in school all day so if we wanted
to get all the kiddos together, it would have to be on a weekend.
My 4 year old goes to afternoon preschool (1pm to 3:30pm, Mon
through Thurs).

· Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Dh warns against meeting people "from the internet", but if it's at a public place I don't see the harm.
Olymama- I am cracking up! :LOL I just read your post about being in Oly and pm'ed you and then I read this- My DP and I met online- that is what got me to go to Michigan- but I just miss Oly too much to stay way!- but the internet is a great place to meet people who are like minded. So tell your DH not to worry- we dont bite!

Anyway- I am also looking for mamas in the area- I need to be with other mamas who "get it!" I am pretty
when it comes to pareting- but I do not to the whole organic thing- mostly because I try to make anything healthy for DP and he freaks out! But I do not vax and if I ever have a boy he will be intact, I cloth diaper and I LOVE the fitted diapers I make! I co-sleep and sling (but she loves her jogger) I feed her healthy mamas milk and I will feed her good natural food when she starts eating- she is 6 months old! Well, Drop me a line anyone! I want to meet up!

· Registered
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by OlyMama
Is anyone planning to go to the LLL meetings on Thursday or Friday? Dd and I are definately up for hanging out with some cool mamas and babes this week.
Where and when are the meetings on Thursday and Friday?
Is the Thursday one the Lakewood one? I'd love to go, but
I need to know where it is. :)

I can't make it to the Friday one, but I have a good excuse!
I'm going to be manning a table at the MAWS Conference.
If any of you is planning on going, come over to the Unique
Baby Boutique table and say HI!! :)

· Registered
499 Posts
Anneliese and I will be at the Thursday Lakewood meeting.

Andrea- it's at city hall which is now on the south side of the mall i believe. the address (of the top of my head) is 600 Main Street.

I think Rebecca said she was goinf to try to be there also. Looking forward to meeting you OlyMama. We love to go to the Oly Farmer's Market, I think it's the best one around.

Emily! (nak)

· Registered
176 Posts
I am going to attempt to be at the Thurs. meeting. I got a map off mapquest, so as long as that 6oo Main St. is the right address I'm in. You just didn't sound sure, ChiknGirl, so I tried to look it up with no success. Now it is 11:30 PM on Wed. so I'm not sure how to get more info. Dd and I will be brave and go for it anyway. Can't wait to meet you ladies!

· Registered
176 Posts
BTW

Crayon,

Don't make fun of me. I grew up in a small town in Ohio. I'm not supposed to talk to strangers. And as dh tells me "you could be talking to men on there, you don't know!" (because men LOVE talking about breastfeeding and pregnancy and childbirth and raising children, right?)

· Registered
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rebx
I'm so sad! DH needs to take the car to work tomorrow, so I'll be stuck at home instead of at the Lakewood LLL mtg...

I'm sad too. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to this
one as I need to prepare for the MAWS (Midwive's of Washington
State) conference on Friday. I'll be manning the Unique Baby
Boutique booth there and need to get catalogs, flyers, and free
drawing slips ready.

Soooooo, when is the next local LLL meeting? Was there one in
Federal Way soon or is that the one on Friday?

· Registered
499 Posts
OlyMama!! My address was wrong, it's missing a zero. It's at 6000 Main Street in Lakewood. Oh goodness I hope you see this before you leave. I'll PM you as well. *mutters something to herself about never posting unverified information*

· Registered
22 Posts
Hey ladies.
I am glad to see other Tacoma area mamas on here. I moved down from Seattle last December and am still in the process of finding/creating my community. I have a four year old son and a one year old son.

I am a leader for Northwest Attachment Parenting and see that we need to have more tacoma mamas connecting. I like LLL meetings but I also like non-structured get togethers for better connection. All of the NAP events have passed for October (except our family outing to the Pumpkin Patch on Oct. 26th) but I will tell you our November events (free and open to everyone!). On November 5th (unless raining) we have a Park Day at 11 am at Jefferson Park on North 9th and Monroe in Tacoma. On November 11th, we have a parent only (an in-arms babies) discussion at 6:30 pm at a private home ( I can give that info out privately). On November 21st we have a playgroup at a private home in the North End of Tacoma at 10 am. We have an events list email that goes out monthly about what is happening. Email me at [email protected] and I can add you to it. I would love to see new mamas and papas at our events. We need to get some community happening in Tacoma!

· Registered
75 Posts
Hello, all of you!

(
to AndreaKim!)

Well I rarely make it to Tacoma from here in MV... it seems pretty far away but maybe it really isn't! We moved down here when I was pregnant (a little over a year and a half ago) after being in Seattle for many years, and it is SO different being out in the sticks!

Anyway, it is great to know that there are some other like-minded folks down yonder.

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hey everyone!! Ok, so I'm not very good about posting on here...I don't receive any emails anymore alerting me that anyone has posted....anyway, we are getting a cding party together and EVERYONE is invited...just let us know what day is good for you...so far we are thinking 2nd week in November some time. Go to the CDing thread and put your input in if you are interested. Hope to see you there and meet some posts face to face!!!!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.