Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tabitha and I am married with 3 kids. We are all vegetarians for like 3 months now with no fall backs. I love it so much and couldnt imagine doing anything else. I did want to get some opions from you all if you dont mind.<br><br>
I was out eating at this wonderful mexican resturaunt, we eat there a lot, anyhow, I ordered a cheeze enchilada and even said make sure they dont put meat on it, we are vegetarian. She said ok and then I got my meal. I took a bite and it was just of the tortilla and then I ate some rice and beans and went to take another bite of my enchilada, it was chicken, I almost threw up all over the place, I couldnt eat it. I sent it back. Anywho, my question is, should I have ate it? My friend who is also a veg, she said I should have ate it anyways because it was already dead and they were just going to throw it away.<br><br>
So what do you all think, did I do the right thing.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Welcome!<br><br>
I wouldn't have eaten it. And i couldn't have without getting sick, which does nothing for the dead chicken anyways. Kitchens throw out enormous amounts of food every shift (stuff they've burnt, made too much of, customers didn't finish etc) and yes it's wasteful but eating something you've since decided not to doesn't help prevent the death of chickens, or the starving of the hungry etc) And it wasn't you wasting the chicken - the kitchen could have prevented it by acknowledging your order and sending out the right thing in the first place. It was their mistake.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Also by not eating it and sending it back you sent a clear message to the chef that vegetarian means no meat of any kind. They will be more careful next time.<br><br>
Kathi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts