Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pubic bone feels as though it's just getting ready to shatter into about a million pieces anytime I'm doing anything but laying down. Sitting isn't too bad usually & adjusting can help it stop, but standing or walking? Don't get me started.

That is all, I just needed to tell someone I was miserable besides DH who gets it, but at the end of the day has no idea how this hurts. lol

Last time around, I didn't have anything like this. Once I was about 40 weeks I felt some heavy feeling in the area, for lack of a better word, but here I am 36 weeks today & the past couple days I've been miserable. Even when I was "overdue" I wasn't uncomfortable for the most part. I wish I could say that now!

·
Registered
860 Posts
awww mama, i feel ya! im only 28 weeks and having this problem. this is my 4th and never have i felt this pain before. its really too bed that the painful fire buring pain is so darn close to the "fun spot"! your description of "my pelvis is about to break into a illion pieces" is eactly how i describe it to dp. he doesnt get it. hang in there~ your babe will be here in no time!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm experiencing this as well. Some days I can barely walk or stand. Lying down helps, but I can't roll over and getting out of bed at night is excruciating! It really does feel like my pelvis/pubic bones have broken and aren't being held together at all.

I have so much trouble putting knickers and pants on, or trying to sit down on the toilet seat, or climb a single step.

I found this article today though, and it explains what I'm experiencing perfectly: http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnan...th/pelvicpain/

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have this too (SPD) and it's just awful. Some days, I can barely move. I have to hold on to the walls and doors to get around my house. It's one of the big reasons I want this pregnancy over. I know I'll have some pain postpartum, but the sooner I can start to recover, the better! Only 3 more days until this babe is full term!

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I have this too and the things that aggravate it:

practicing squatting
stretches that stretch inner thighs
taylor sitting too long

I have to sleep with a rolled up towel (NOT a pillow) between my legs and try to have my pelvis straight as much as I can (ie not lounging at a side angle where hips are cocked) and the chiropractor has helped some.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I had AWFUL pain like this with my twins. This time I had excrutiating pain from about week 14 until I started going to the chiropractor. So I would say a chiropractor helps a ton. Also, when I do start feeling that burning aching pain I lay down and do leg lifts and stretches and pelvic tilts until it starts to not hurt as bad. Then it seems I feel a lot better.
I feel for you all. ITs really painful. If you can do leg excercises and see a chiro it may make a big difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.