Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I have PPD. Okay so that's probably a pitiful introduction, but I had to start somehow lol.

I just got an additional anti-depressant (Wellbutrin) today added to the one I've been on for yrs (Lexapro), it's supposed to work together and 'tune me up' as the doc said.

Things have been very bad lately, and apparently the new med won't kick in for a while.. doc said around 3 days into taking it all I'd feel is the side effects (fun) and still be just as depressed as is.. I'm supposed to 'keep with it' and then it will take affect eventually.

Just thought since I've been lurking here for a while I should introduce myself.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Hey, 'Rae. . . popping in from your DDC. I've been lurking here too, just in case.

PM me anytime. . .

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Welcome, and I hope you begin to feel better soon. I notice it's been almost a week now. How are you feeling??

((hugs)) PPD is a really tough thing to digest...it's supposed to be the happiest time in your life.

·
Registered
6,646 Posts
Hi Rae, I'm taking Wellbutrin too and a bit of Prozac. It can be so difficult to hang in there while you wait for the meds to kick in. But, if it helps, it's so worth it.

Wow, you've had three sons in the 4.5 yrs you've been married -- major adjustments one after another in short succession! Does your dh help out? Do you have family support? Hang in there mama, it does get better.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi and thanks for responding.

I'm starting to feel more even keeled.... so I'm not yelling at the kids or getting nearly as frustrated as before (thankfully!). But I am still having some bad 'down' times especially by evening/late nights.

Surfacing.. oops I hadn't changed my signature in a while we just had our 5th Wedding Anniversary in November. But yes that is a LOT of change really quickly. And no I don't have local family support... my family lives a few hours away.... and DH's family is over an hour away and MIL isn't in good health to boot.

DH however is a constant source of reassurance, help and love.... I don't think I could make it without him!!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts

Hi Rae. I'm glad slowly things are getting better-ish. Of course I'm here too, lurking and now coming out of the shadows a bit. It sucks that were all here, but I'm glad we have each other.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Hi Rae,

All of our children are very close in age. I have 3 also. I'm so happy to hear that the way I feel is shared by other 'good mamas' too. I have felt like a horrible failure and that I made the biggest mistake of my life because I can't handle it.

I'm glad you are feeling better, this gives me hope.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.