Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Leeann and I have a 3yr old dd named Ariana. DF and I just decided to HS her instead of PS. I'm sooo very excited, but terrified at the same time. I really don't want to screw this up kwim?

I've gone back and read as many of the old posts on this board to get as much info as possible so when I did make my first post here I wouldn't be asking questions that you all heard 1,000 times before.
I've also researched the state laws and found a HS group that we'll be meeting for the first time tomorrow. I've also C&P'd the links page for all the HS sites that is so beautifully displayed at the top on this page.

Anyway, we plan to loosely follow the states SOL. I've looked up Pre-k and K so far. What I would like to do is test the waters. Start lightly following Pre-k SOL, but do all of the lesson plans, cirriculum, and portfolio so that I can get a basic idea ahead of time of what needs to be done as far as paperwork is concerned.

Do you have any advice for someone just starting out? I feel she's still a bit young for too much structure, but OTOH, she LOVES doing "workbook" pages and soaking up anything and everything she can get her hands on.

One thing that I definately need help with is all the record keeping. What do you do? I thought that if I start now when it's not needed, by the time it is needed, I'll be a pro and not be so scared.

Thanks so much for any and all advice you can give. In reading all the posts from your past, I feel that I finally found people who understand what's going through my head and heart. I feel like I'm home!

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Hi and welcome! No advice at the moment, I'm just popping on while my kids are napping. I learned the most by asking people what they did with their kids, and then exploring it and seeing what would be the best match for mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.