·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will get started. I am expecting in May. Just found out 4 days ago. :smile:

·
Registered
586 Posts
ummm, i am joining you all! This was a surprise baby. I just had come off the pill and was all rearing to start up NFP and we had an oopsy late withdrawl episode while ovulating nonetheless. 11 dpo and got 2 faint positives this am. Due date late May. Told dp over text this morning, we are both excited! This will be our first together, I have 2 and he has 2 so baby will be 5 for our family!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Hey ladies , My name is Lillith,32, this is my 5th pregnancy. I just tested positive yesterday morning. I am 10 dpo and due May 29th!! My kiddos are 13, 10, 7, and 22 months! I am so excited to be here with you all. I am studying to be a Naturopath, and currently apprenticing a local herbalist right now.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hello, I am devilish. This is my third pregnancy which I still can't get over happened so quickly. Due May 28th (although I'll probably go in early June.)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi there! My name is Kara and we are expecting baby number 3. 💜 I am 5 weeks and a few days pregnant, due on May 18th. I realized I was pregnant very early as I had signs of implantation. After several faint positives, I finally bought a digital test that said YES+ a week before my cycle was due to start up again.

We are still on cloud 9 and our older boys are so excited for a new baby!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Everyone! I just found out this morning that we are pregnant with #3 . We just started not not trying this month so it happened pretty quick! I'm still trying to adjust to the reality. I'm due at the end of May but could easily extend into june.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just tested positive today! So excited! Hubby and I have been trying for 4 months, married for 18months. We had a tubal miscarriage last December but didn't even know I was pregnant so it was a surprise but super excited this time!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wow, lots of moms of 2 here! I'm happy to have others in the same situation!

I just got a + last night after AF didn't show up this weekend. Not planned at all and hubby and I are still trying to wrap our heads around it.

I have two boys who will be 6 and 3 when this one arrives.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I'm Kathryn, and I'm due May 24th. I'm 27, and this is my first pregnancy. I've wanted to be a mom more than anything for a very long time, but this was actually my husband and I's first month TTC. I'm still reeling a little from how quickly it all happened, but I feel so blessed that we're off to a smooth start.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is anyone else still in disbelief that they are pregnant? Even though I have symptoms, I still can't believe it. I am so excited, I a have always wanted 4 or 5 kids. This will be number three. I hope all of you ladies have wonderful pregnancies.

For those mothers with older children, when did or will you tell them the news?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't think my 2 year old is capable of understanding that I'm pregnant. We'll probably revisit that in 6 months or so. She is just two. As in she will be 2 on Saturday.

The 5 year old is super excited.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Hi! I'm so excited to be here! I spent a lot of time here when my kids were little, but haven't been around much recently. We have been planning #3 for a long long time. So happy to start this journey again! :x

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! My name is Clare, I found out last night. So strange...I am in shock and disbelief, we were not trying. I have an almost 7 year old, and tried for 2 years after her...could not conceive, chalked it up to hypothyroid/PCOS issues, and never really used much protection other than just the pull out method.

Weird things happening lately, hyper sensitive sense of smell, not hungry, have the urge to walk 4-5 miles a day, been getting horrible migraines, heart racing, my bra broke and when I went to buy a new one they fit me 2 cup sizes larger, also I bought new shoes due to hurting feet and the wides don't feel wide enough, when I used to be able to wear normal. Yesterday my sister called me and told me her boobs were so sore, I told her "maybe you're pregnant". Then it dawned on me...maybe I AM. Went to buy a test, it was positive...I know I had a period sometime in early-mid August but I haven't been keeping track very well.

My husband is in shock (as am I!) but he is not very excited...I really hope that changes, I need his emotional support. He is worried about finances, always the practical one...but I redid the budget to show him we would be fine. I hope he comes around soon or this is going to be one sad lonely pregnancy :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All

I am 8 1/2 weeks (Due May1), this will Lord willing be my third child. I am going to be 38 in a month which is kind of scary!

I have two daughters 11 and 7. This is a surprise "miracle" baby as we quit trying after 4 miscarriages and not conceiving over the last two years. We are both blown away by this but cannot get excited till we get past the 12 week mark! This is such an en exciting and terrifying time for me!

I am keeping it a secret from my girls (who are suspicious!!) and my family as it's harder to deal with people's disappointment and judgment than going through a miscarriage.

I am feeling good, hungry most of the time, a little nauseous, had a few close calls with the toilet bowl :wink:, tired, gassy, but overall great :thumb

It will be great to chat with other Mom's who are not first timers and may be going through similar things as me.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
My two are 9 and 7, so I'm right there with you! It will be interesting "starting over" with a baby!!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hi All

I am 8 1/2 weeks (Due May1), this will Lord willing be my third child. I am going to be 38 in a month which is kind of scary!

I have two daughters 11 and 7. This is a surprise "miracle" baby as we quit trying after 4 miscarriages and not conceiving over the last two years. We are both blown away by this but cannot get excited till we get past the 12 week mark! This is such an en exciting and terrifying time for me!

I am keeping it a secret from my girls (who are suspicious!!) and my family as it's harder to deal with people's disappointment and judgment than going through a miscarriage.

I am feeling good, hungry most of the time, a little nauseous, had a few close calls with the toilet bowl :wink:, tired, gassy, but overall great :thumb

It will be great to chat with other Mom's who are not first timers and may be going through similar things as me.
Hey I wasn't going to post here yet, but I wanted to chime in with some support for you! I am also due May 1st and have had two previous MC and a couple years of sub-fertility/infertility. My most recent m/c was recently at 10 weeks. I have two boys who are 10 and 7 and am 36.

I have an ultrasound on Monday and hope to see a normally developing fetus. I will be trying to hide the pregnancy until at least 16 weeks from my boys and other local people and 20 weeks for everyone else. Not a big fan of un-telling. My boys were pretty devastated by the last loss.

Hoping for a happy and healthy pregnancy for you and everyone else here :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I wasn't going to post here yet, but I wanted to chime in with some support for you! I am also due May 1st and have had two previous MC and a couple years of sub-fertility/infertility. My most recent m/c was recently at 10 weeks. I have two boys who are 10 and 7 and am 36.

I have an ultrasound on Monday and hope to see a normally developing fetus. I will be trying to hide the pregnancy until at least 16 weeks from my boys and other local people and 20 weeks for everyone else. Not a big fan of un-telling. My boys were pretty devastated by the last loss.

Hoping for a happy and healthy pregnancy for you and everyone else here :)
Thanks for the support, I also don't want to un tell my kids again either, it was hardest this last time!!! I will be praying for you to at this time, what's the chances that we're both due on May 1st and both understand loss!! Let us know how the ultrasound goes on Monday!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi I'm Shannon. We are expecting #4 in May. We just not not trying, thinking it would take a while. Well, it didn't. Our kids are 15yo, 13yo, (from a previous relationship) and 12mos.

For some reason, my biggest current stressor right now is what we are going to do about a vehicle. We will have two littles in rear facing car seats. We have an SUV, but with two rear-facing seats, the big kids will struggle getting into and out of the third row. Guess I'll be car shopping, to find a car that fits two rear facing in the second row, but that leaves easy access to third row. And that isn't a minivan.

Odd how the pregnant brain works. I'm completely ok with the new baby, totally freaking out about how we will all get somewhere.

We also aren't telling anyone for as long as possible, although last time I was back in maternity clothes by 12w, so I'm expecting similar this time.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi I'm Shannon. We are expecting #4 in May. We just not not trying, thinking it would take a while. Well, it didn't. Our kids are 15yo, 13yo, (from a previous relationship) and 12mos.

For some reason, my biggest current stressor right now is what we are going to do about a vehicle. We will have two littles in rear facing car seats. We have an SUV, but with two rear-facing seats, the big kids will struggle getting into and out of the third row. Guess I'll be car shopping, to find a car that fits two rear facing in the second row, but that leaves easy access to third row. And that isn't a minivan.

Odd how the pregnant brain works. I'm completely ok with the new baby, totally freaking out about how we will all get somewhere.

We also aren't telling anyone for as long as possible, although last time I was back in maternity clothes by 12w, so I'm expecting similar this time.
May I suggest the Mazda 5? A friend of mine has one and we can fit all of our current children (for a total of 5) in it, and us, too. Not so much after May, though.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts