Mothering Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
May I suggest the Mazda 5? A friend of mine has one and we can fit all of our current children (for a total of 5) in it, and us, too. Not so much after May, though.
How big are the kids? And what model year? We test-drove a 2014 Mazda 5 last year, and the teenagers' knees, when sitting in the third row, were up against the backs of the second row seats. Made me sad, because we love our Mazda 6, but that's certainly not going to work when we have four kids.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The girls are 13, 11, 8, 5 and 2. The 13 and 11 year olds are quite tall, too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi there. I'm due May 27 and this will be # 5 for me if it sticks.
I'm going to be 40 in two weeks so I'm definitely in the advanced maternal age category. My other kids are 20,16,14 and 15 months. I'm feeling a bit guilty about how close together these last 2 babies will be but I'm going to try and keep nursing her until my breasts give out. I enjoyed my due date club so much with that pregnancy - There are still some of us on a Facebook group and they have been an amazing support. Excited to hopefully get to stick around and get to know you all.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
HI!
I'm new to this thread, and sadly I don't have heaps of time on mothering any more.
This is my 6th pregnancy, but I've had 2 losses (well 3, I had a twin loss). This, hopefully, will be my 4th live birth, and the exciting part is that I'm pregnant with twins!
I have 3 children so this is #4 and 5! Yikes.
I'm trying to not panic.... 5 children! FIVE! 3 under 3!
oh dear!
I look forward to getting to know you all!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm due in May but could inch in to June. This is my 5th. My oldest is 18 and my youngest will be 3 in October. I'm 40 and planning for another home birth.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi, I'm due in May but could inch in to June. This is my 5th. My oldest is 18 and my youngest will be 3 in October. I'm 40 and planning for another home birth.
Ha - we're in the same boat (40 - expecting #5 ) except my oldest is 20 and my youngest is 15 months. Nice to have someone on the same page in here!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi! My name is Clare, I found out last night. So strange...I am in shock and disbelief, we were not trying. I have an almost 7 year old, and tried for 2 years after her...could not conceive, chalked it up to hypothyroid/PCOS issues, and never really used much protection other than just the pull out method.

Weird things happening lately, hyper sensitive sense of smell, not hungry, have the urge to walk 4-5 miles a day, been getting horrible migraines, heart racing, my bra broke and when I went to buy a new one they fit me 2 cup sizes larger, also I bought new shoes due to hurting feet and the wides don't feel wide enough, when I used to be able to wear normal. Yesterday my sister called me and told me her boobs were so sore, I told her "maybe you're pregnant". Then it dawned on me...maybe I AM. Went to buy a test, it was positive...I know I had a period sometime in early-mid August but I haven't been keeping track very well.

My husband is in shock (as am I!) but he is not very excited...I really hope that changes, I need his emotional support. He is worried about finances, always the practical one...but I redid the budget to show him we would be fine. I hope he comes around soon or this is going to be one sad lonely pregnancy :(

Congrats, I have thyroid issues as well, we can be preggo thyroid issue buddies =) I tried a long time to get preggo with my second and third just happened as soon as i stopped the pill. I went off the pill to help my thyroid issues! I have been gluten free since may except a few slip ups. I have normal thyroid levels but a rather large nodule I decided to wait to remove and then i wound up pregnant. Would love for it to just shrink on its own eventually as i do not want surgery since the biopsy came back benign.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi I'm Shannon. We are expecting #4 in May. We just not not trying, thinking it would take a while. Well, it didn't. Our kids are 15yo, 13yo, (from a previous relationship) and 12mos.

For some reason, my biggest current stressor right now is what we are going to do about a vehicle. We will have two littles in rear facing car seats. We have an SUV, but with two rear-facing seats, the big kids will struggle getting into and out of the third row. Guess I'll be car shopping, to find a car that fits two rear facing in the second row, but that leaves easy access to third row. And that isn't a minivan.

Odd how the pregnant brain works. I'm completely ok with the new baby, totally freaking out about how we will all get somewhere.

We also aren't telling anyone for as long as possible, although last time I was back in maternity clothes by 12w, so I'm expecting similar this time.
LOL that was mine and dp's first concern the car situation! We have an altima and a minivan. We will be very tight in a minivan with all five kids. We plan to eventually trade in the car for another 7+ passenger but loath the idea of another carpayment since the car is paid off. And all 3 girls will need boosters Oldest dsd will be about 8 at babies birth but she is still pretty small so i wont her in a booster for at least another year. the 4 year olds are still harnessed but i plan to move them to high back boosters about a month before baby comes, but the plan is to but all 3 girls in the back and ds and the baby in the middle row but the third row is so tight back there =/ and for 3 boosters yikes i am definitely stressed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there! Thirty-two year old first time mom, due at the tail end of May.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I'm Lorie and my husband and I are expecting our 2nd, due on April 28 but I'm hoping to push it to May 1st to continue a trend of family members born on the 1st of the month!

Our first daughter, Evey, was born 7/4/14, so the two will be about 22 months apart. Oh boy. Someone with similar aged kids please tell me some tips and tricks to make it through those first few months!

Evey is still nursing and I plan to continue once the 2nd comes. We are currently co-sleeping but my goal is to transition her into her own room in the next few months, hopefully she will be ready for it by then. Tips for night-weaning a co-sleeping toddler also appreciated!!

Looking forward to connecting with other like-minded moms!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! My name is Clare, I found out last night. So strange...I am in shock and disbelief, we were not trying. I have an almost 7 year old, and tried for 2 years after her...could not conceive, chalked it up to hypothyroid/PCOS issues, and never really used much protection other than just the pull out method.

Weird things happening lately, hyper sensitive sense of smell, not hungry, have the urge to walk 4-5 miles a day, been getting horrible migraines, heart racing, my bra broke and when I went to buy a new one they fit me 2 cup sizes larger, also I bought new shoes due to hurting feet and the wides don't feel wide enough, when I used to be able to wear normal. Yesterday my sister called me and told me her boobs were so sore, I told her "maybe you're pregnant". Then it dawned on me...maybe I AM. Went to buy a test, it was positive...I know I had a period sometime in early-mid August but I haven't been keeping track very well.

My husband is in shock (as am I!) but he is not very excited...I really hope that changes, I need his emotional support. He is worried about finances, always the practical one...but I redid the budget to show him we would be fine. I hope he comes around soon or this is going to be one sad lonely pregnancy :(
Hi Clare,

Congrats on your new little one! Are you in PDX? If so, do you have any doctors/naturopaths/etc that you'd recommend for thyroid help? I was very recently diagnosed and am now about 5 weeks along with my second pregnancy. I also have a 2.5 yo. Would love to share resources with you :)

Laura

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi! I'm Lorie and my husband and I are expecting our 2nd, due on April 28 but I'm hoping to push it to May 1st to continue a trend of family members born on the 1st of the month!

Our first daughter, Evey, was born 7/4/14, so the two will be about 22 months apart. Oh boy. Someone with similar aged kids please tell me some tips and tricks to make it through those first few months!

Evey is still nursing and I plan to continue once the 2nd comes. We are currently co-sleeping but my goal is to transition her into her own room in the next few months, hopefully she will be ready for it by then. Tips for night-weaning a co-sleeping toddler also appreciated!!

Looking forward to connecting with other like-minded moms!
My girls are 20 months apart. When my second was born, I kept a box of special toys/art supplies that only came out during nursing time for the baby. This was so helpful in the early weeks when nursing sessions can be long, or the baby has to nurse to sleep. my second would only nurse with me laying down, so I didn't have my hands free to read as some people I know would do with their older kids.

As for night weaning, maybe you could put a full or queen mattress in your older girl's room. Get her used to the idea that she sleeps in that room only, if she wants to sleep with you, you can sleep in her bed. But start teaching her that she has her own space. 22 months is young, it could take a while before she is developmentally ready. Just depends on her personality!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi! Sequoia, mother of Grey, just turned one on 10/10. Little Sib is due 05/11/16. This pregnancy so far has been radically different than my first and I'm wondering what, if anything, it all means.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Hi all, my name is Cynthia and I'm very surprised to be joining you all! I am due with baby #6 on May 26th, although I'm thinking its more like May 31st because of ovulation date. DH and I were TTA and of all months, this one was by the books, black and white, no oopsies. There is no door that the Lord can't open though if He chooses to, so although DH and I thought we were done, we are not, LOL! We will be adding 1 more to our brood of 15, 14, 13, 10, and 7 y.o.'s.

I'm 36, so for the first time will most likely be placed in the high risk category? That will be new territory for me. I'm just hoping to get past this 1st trimester soon, because this nausea is no joke. It hit me hard and it hit me quick.

Hope to get to know you ladies throughout this journey :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
I don't think you will necessarily be high risk because you are 36. That's a very normal age to be pregnant these days. ;) Glad you sound excited, even if it wasn't planned!

·
Registered
87 Posts
In Canada they don't consider you AMA until yo are 40 now, and even then not much changes. I'm 40 and pregnant with number 5. Number 4 was born 16 months ago and I was not high risk. I'm not sure what if anything will change this time but I see my midwife on Nov 2 and I suspect, aside from qualifying for a free nipt- not much.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
glad to hear that! The last thing I would want is to be repeatedly asked to do a lot more tests just because of my age. :)

I think someone asked here when to tell the kids. We told them right away. Like that morning that we found out. My husband has always been the proud papa that yells it to the world that a baby is coming, lol!

With our first, I wasn't even sure if I had seen the line on the pregnancy test but he said, "The box say's ANY line, and that's a line even if barely there." He then proceeded to call everyone and tell them. Good thing we were indeed pregnant.

I understand waiting to tell until further in, but at the same time, I'm glad others know early on so I can talk about what I'm going through. It would be really hard to feel so horribly sick with MS and not be able to talk with anyone about it. I'd feel isolated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello! I'm new to Mothering, just found it in my search for birth center reviews, and I'm loving the information. I'm pregnant with my first due May 11th. It was a surprise because I have PCOS and my doctor said I'd have a hard time and need intervention. Needless to say we weren't super careful when I got off BC and it happened right away. I'm also a step mom to 2 boys 14 and 5. I just finished my first trimester, but we haven't publicly announced yet. Looking forward to continuing the conversation!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My sister in law introduced me to Mothering, this is my first time here. I'm pregnant with twins and due 5/27, though was told to expect them to come earlier :) I've had two miscarriages before this pregnancy, so I was nervous for the ultrasound -- I was pleasantly surprised to find out we were having twins!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Welcome VanessaC and Teakline!

Yay for the positive ultrasound! :)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts