Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi All!  I just wanted to give an introduction.  I took a Dollar Tree test on Wednesday night, Dec 8, one day after my missed AF and got a BFP!!  DH and I weren't trying, but we weren't preventing, either.  We've both always felt like we were meant to have one more baby, but thought we were a bit crazy, since I'm 39.  We also felt that, if we got pregnant with another, it was meant to be.  My youngest is almost 5 (Jan 2), so it's been a while since I had to think about all the needs of pregnancy and having a baby. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>It's really odd timing, because I just started a job on Dec. 1 and got my BFP exactly 1 week after I started.  Not really sure when I should tell my employer, but I'm thinking about waiting until I start to show a bit.  The only problem with it is, I am required to lift boxes up to 25-35 lbs.  It's not regular, but often enough.  Plus, I end up walking at least a few miles each day, plus 3 flights of stairs several times a day.  With my last pregnancy, I had bleeding problems right after my BFP, and had to take it easy for a few weeks, just to be careful.  I'm not sure what I'll do if it happens again. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>My kids are going to be so excited when we tell them.  We were thinking about telling them tonight.  With Christmas coming, it would be really hard to keep it a secret with all of my family around, so we'll be telling the family in a couple weeks.  It's only fair to tell the kids before that.  Here's to hoping they can keep a secret!!  :D</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, I can't wait to get to know all of you and to have this great group of ladies to talk to during the next 9+ months.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>~Ginny</p>

·
Registered
467 Posts
<p>Welcome!  I'm new here too!</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts