Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my third baby and she is one month old. I noticed that lately that Ellie eats like it is her last meal and gulps in a lot of air. This happens more at night or early in the morning. She burps and spits up a lot, swallows some of it, and then has the hiccups. It makes it hard to get her back to sleep when this happens in the middle of the night. In the morning she lets out a bunch of gas, spit up, and poops a lot. Anyone experience a hiccupy baby? Also how do I minimize the extra air she is getting at night?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I figured it out. I have overactive let down and over supply. Ellie also has reflux. Ellie has gained weight so her doctor said she doesn't need any medicine and to ride it out.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
If you have over-active let down, when you feel your let down let the first spurts of milk go into a diaper or towel and then re-latch baby. She'll likely get mad when you unlatch her but it helps with the chocking/gulping air. I'd also suggest that you try nursing from just one side per feeding if you do have oversupply. These are the two things that helped with my DS. Sorry, I don't know anything about reflux.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.