Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do they feel like?

Ive been having these weird... uh.. Rhythmic "thumps"...
They happen about 15 or so times in a row, all in the same spot and its too slow to be my pulse...
Is that what a hiccup feels like?
I was thinking it happens too many steady times in a row to just be a kick or punch.

I feel it low, which should be a good sign... Babys been breech forever and I never felt him turn... honestly I just feel baby all over now and cant tell like I could before what position he is in... so if they are hiccups at least they're in the right spot!

Thanks!

·
Registered
583 Posts
That's the feeling I've taken to be hiccups.

My baby is head down and I feel them low on my left side. If you think about it, when you have hiccups, your chest moves as much as your head or maybe more. So I'm thinking that the center of the hiccup feeling might not be the head.

My little girl also tends to start flailing around with other body parts when she has the hiccups! Speaking of, there she goes right now.

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
Yup. Hiccups. My fetus is having them right now as I type. I can feel it from my hip to my ribcage on the right, although it's stronger down low. Baby is head down, butt near my right ribcage.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Ditto on the hiccups. It took me about five or six times before I finally figured out what they were!! For some reason I find them really annoying and am always trying to shift my weight or something to get baby to stop.

Baby was head down for quite some time, and hiccups were always down low and a bit to the left. Baby turned breech last week and I haven't had hiccups since. Just yesterday though they were back and low again... fingers crossed that baby has turned, but I can't really tell...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YAY! thanks so much for the answers!
I figured thats what it was!

Im super excited that I feel them strongly low. I keep trying to tell different parts of his body in there but I cant figure it out at all... I had so much luck earlier in pregnancy telling where everything was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.