Mothering Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
We are giving the ILs other gifts. We don't celebrate the same holidays that they do (yet another issue with them). They wouldn't accept the book otherwise.

The comment from the aunt was the final straw for them. We were close to cutting off contact with them before that because of other comments and actions - that was just the final push.

For now, we will be cordial with dh's family and go on with our lives. They can take it or leave it.

· Registered
299 Posts
I wish we never had to tell my in-laws! In fact, I wish they weren't my in-laws...
Last pg, they were very clear that our child would probably die if there was not a dr. present to save him from my body. They are nuts. Dh's brother wouldn't talk to him anymore...but of course when ds was born, and in fact, didn't die, they all wanted to be here as quickly as possible. And they also think that now that I know how painful labor is, I'll go to a hospital this time (they are wrong). My mil is super emotional...a valium-popping "poor me" type. She's coming tomorrow to have a "heart-to-heart". Which pretty much means she's gonna cry until she gets her way...which won't happen...dh dislikes his family as much as I do, however he stills hangs on to the fact that they are his family, no matter how harmful to ours they are. Dh plans to tell her I'm pg then
: . It's going to be a disaster. She told everyone under the sun about our the up/uc that "us kids were putting her through" last time and we had people we didn't know telling us ds could die w/out a dr. present. So, tomorrow, she will be told be supportive, or step out of our lives. It's sad that it has to come down to this.

jiva

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.