Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a wrap in order to carry dd2 on my back; I want her to be able to see over my shoulder. This is hard! I understand there's a learning curve with wraps, but is there an easier way? I'm getting my instructions from mamatoto.com. I was looking at the kozy too, the high back carry is what I want to do, but it doesn't look to comfortable for me - the straps across the chest look awkward.<br><br>
Jen

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
What is the problem you're having with the mamatoto instrux? the Tibetan carry is prolly your best bet for a high back carry right now. You can get the WCC pretty high using the chest belt method, and it's fairly easy to do, too.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! What's a WCC? Is there a fabric that's better than cotton weave for making a wrap? I wanted to try some jersey but I don't see a back carry for the moby, so maybe it's not suitable?<br><br>
I don't have a problem with the instructions exactly, I think I just need to practice. I do have a hard time getting dd on my back, I feel so clumsy. Plus I can't see and I'm alone most of the time so it's a little intimidating.<br><br>
Jen

·
Registered
272 Posts
WCC is wrap cross carry.<br>
You can do back carry with the moby (I have never tried it, but have seen others do it). As long as the fabric is wide enough to support baby and not too, too stretchy it should work great!! And your little one should be small enough for the stretchy wrap (most people move on to woven when their kids get into toddler age).<br>
I keep hearing people talk about guaze wraps being great. I think the mamatoto site has some info on that too.<br>
It is just going to take some practice. Not only do you have to get use to using your wrap but also you have to get use to putting your kid on your back. Many people are very timid and uncomfortable putting their kid on their backs, especially a smaller kid who can't really hold on. It might be a bit easier if you try doing it while sitting on the bed (that is what I do when putting small kids on my back for the first time).<br><br>
HTH,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts