Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS is 3 1/2 and hes driving me barmy - he wants me ALL the time. He resents his little brother for wanting to play with him so pushes him out of rooms etc but wants me to stay with him and not the baby. He screams when I say that I have to go tot the toilet or make a meal!

HELP..

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
My son is very high needs, I know how you feel!
:

You can tell him how he needs to ask, and dont do anything for him unless he asks nicely. As for him pushing the baby, he needs to be told why he cant do that. Do you have games that all 3 of you can play together?
During the babys nap time do you have special time for you and your older child. He may just want some one on one time.

Also, I make a chart for my son called "the smiley face chart". My son is 4 and it works great. You make 5 smiley circles, and he gets to make a choice as to what he gets to do special after all 5 have smiles. My son hasd one the park, ice crem, pizza and really anything. Everytime he makes a GOOD choice as in not throwing a tantrum and using his words he gets to make a smiley face in one of the circles. If you see him getting ready to push his brother than say "SMILEY FACE CHART!" and it should help him to think about the choice he is making. And tell him "we use our words not our hans, feet etc" and give him the words he needs like "im mad, im sad becuase____".
We noticed a big diffrence after giving our son words and also the time to tell us what was really wrong.

HTHs! If you need any further help, just ask!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.