Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gah! I'm getting old!<br><br>
I am helping to plan the event (20 year!) and would love to walk down memory lane!<br><br>
What venue was your reunion held at? What percentage of people attended? Were most of the graduates married? Do many attend as singles?<br><br>
Did anyone have a themed reunion?<br><br>
How much per person is reasonable? What if we are planning to have the event at a swank hotel. I mean really swank. The venue is running around $15,000 for the evening.<br><br>
Our ten year reunion was really nice - the problem with that is that we set the bar pretty high. While talking last night - we determined that in order to get a cheaper place without lowering the bar - we could plan a theme. Since we graduated in 1988 - what about setting the price point at $88 per person. Having digital pictures taken when folks arrive and placing beside the picture in the year book? Also playing 80's music and planning the event around 'Back to the 80's'<br><br>
Thoughts? Stories?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Ooh! Could you make it like a costume party where people show up dressed like their favorite 80's personality? You could have prizes for best costume.<br><br>
How big is your class? Hotel ballrooms are usually reasonably priced and they could provide an open bar. Also, they usually provide discounts for people who decide to stay (which may be the case if alcohol's involved).<br><br>
Getting back to the 80's...What about an 80's cover band? That could be a lot of fun. Oh, and for some reason, "Back to the Future" keeps coming to mind. It could just be my infatuation with Michael J. Fox though.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
That sounds really cool, but I think that $88 might be steep for some people, especially if they come from out of town and have to pay for travel expenses, hotel, and two tickets (one for them, one for their spouse). You might lose some people who would otherwise come if the cost is set too high.<br><br>
But other than that, I think your ideas sound really cool!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts