Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,311 Posts

What is the deal? Hillary is not in the article. Is there a reason her name is at the top of the thread? Or am I dense? Or are you "playing" with the conservative folks who might read this?

Will say it again:

She is a junior senator from my state, and is known even amongst many who did not vote for her as someone who is trying very hard to represent her constituents. Really, truly. Not herself, but her constituents.

Which is what senators are supposed to do.

Leave. Her. Alone.

:slammingdooronthewayout

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I had faith in you chicagomom.

I have to ask, is that NewsMax site for real?? I cannot believe the "news" items I saw there--is that satire or something??

I asked merpk this once before, and I'll ask again: Are we supposed to leave Hillary alone because you like her and you think we don't? I continue to be confused by your defenses of her. Thanks for clearing this up!

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
Does the second link have a reference to Hillary in it? Haven't looked yet ...

l'ymom, am just tired of all the speculation about Hillary and all the hysteria that comes up from the 'right' side of things when her name is mentioned. It's all totally invented hysteria, too, since she has said zip about future plans. And there's also, of course, the conspiracy theories about, what's the latest, undermining Kerry's campaign so she can be the candidate in '08 ... all of that nonsense.

Give me a break.

That's my point, is all. Just asking the sensible members of MDC to stop feeding into and playing into the totally manufactured silliness. A total waste of energy.

And besides, I think she's a great senator. Would like her to get a little more seniority there, first.

I repeat: First.

IYKWIM.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by merpk
l'ymom, am just tired of all the speculation about Hillary and all the hysteria that comes up from the 'right' side of things when her name is mentioned. It's all totally invented hysteria, too, since she has said zip about future plans. And there's also, of course, the conspiracy theories about, what's the latest, undermining Kerry's campaign so she can be the candidate in '08 ... all of that nonsense.
Maybe you should consider it an odd sort of compliment. There would be no reason for the conservative element to disparage her if they didn't believe she represented a credible threat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts