Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is quite possible that I will be delivering my baby in Hilton Head (long story-DH and I are moving and have to be out of our house in Chicago, but our house in FL may not be ready so we may have to stay with my parents for a few weeks-right around my due date).

Anyway, could you recommend a good, low intervention, OB? I assume that all OB's use the same hospital (the one over by the airport...)?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreicated!

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
if you use a hospital, you'll be delivering at hilton head hosp (that is the only one there) there is a new hosp in bluffton, but they dont do deliveries anymore already.

i used dr walland (in practice with dr gorman) they are both females, i had no interventions with my roo's birth, but it helped since i was already 10cm by the time i went into the hospital. you absolutely do NOT want to deliver at beaufort memorial hospital. trust me.

there is also dr love's practice, he has a midwife in his practice now, but i dont know anythign about her (good or bad) i do know that i heartily disliked him though. he was the ob at both of my siusters' births though, and i was my moms' labor coaach for the youngest one in 96 (before i was crunchy) i dislike him even more now, since i have gotten more naturalminded.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
also, there is another option possibly.

there is aGREAT birth center over in rincon, a little over an hour's drive, but i know lots of mamas who wer every happy over there.

hth.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
hey jen, how is your search going?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for checking up on me!

It's official that DH and I are moving into our new home in FL 2 weeks before my due date, so I'm pretty sure I won't need to deliver in HH.

Thanks for your responses and suggestions though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.