Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else starting to have hip/lower back pain already? With both my prior pregnancies, I developed sciatica (dang I think I spelled that wrong) and the ligament pain in my hips and lower back/tailbone was excruiciating.

Its already started now! Earlier I had to have dh help me off the couch and then massage my hips

·
Registered
54 Posts
I remember with my last pg a lot of mommas in my yoga class complained of hip pain and at a certain point I had it, too. Hands and knees and moving hips out to one side and glancing back at that hip and then the other helps create some space or just rolling the hips in a circle eight. Remember to breath deeply. I am sure other stretches could help with back pain and sciatica, too. Yoga brings awareness and breath to areas that need it.

Hope these suggestions help. Remember to do your kegels mommas!

Lisa

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quickening
Chiro fixed mine and told me off for resting weight on one leg then the other when standing when i should be distributing weight evenly on both legs.

Maybe thats a habit you've been doing too?
Nope. I'm sure I'm keeping the weight even. Its more of a problem when I'm sitting, and go to stand up. Or lying, and go to stand up. The searing sharp pain that runs right up my tailbone and to one hip is horrible.
It literally is painful enough that my knees buckle and if my dh isn't standing there, I sometimes fall.

With no weight gain yet, I was hoping this would wait a bit longer to happen.. but I guess not.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had hip and groin pain with my last pregnancy, but it didn't start until I was like 5mos....I felt like I could not walk well at all...I'm hoping that I don't get it again...I have been using 2 extra pillows to sleep with so that my legs are lifted up well..And if you can manage to still sleep on your back, you should put pillows under your knees so that it takes pressure off the back...When I was about 6 or 7 weeks, I thought I pinched a nerve in my spine because I would get a shooting pain down my spine if I moved in a certain way...It went away after a few days...
My twin sister on the other hand had sciatic nerve problems where it really hurt her butt and would cause her to feel like she was going to fall if it acted up from sitting to standing. It was terrible for her...I hope yours gets better.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm afraid its just going to end up getting worse for me. Which really stinks considering how early it is!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I'm having a recurring problem at the back of my hip on the left. I think that's sciatica (sp?). I'm only at w12, so it's got me a bit worried. I think it's time to see a chiro...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts