Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since I am a surro I have to just let go and let god alot and get used to giving up control of some things... But this has me mad.

I don't recall a portion of my carrier aggreement saying I have to waive my HIPPA rights or give my care over to the intended parents.

A few weeks ago I was informed by one of my intended parents that there was a test done on my urine that showed protien..

#1... I was never informed by my peri of the test
#2 i was never ever talked to about this test even after by my peri

I did sign a consent to share medical information with my IPs... I have since had that agreement torn up feeling like they are taking advantage of my medical care and feeling like they are making themselves the patient instead of me... that my rights are being put on a back burner for the babies.

I have never had an unhealthy child and have never given them pause to doubt they will have these babies.

I wish there was a way.. for my Peri office to just let them know that things are good and babies are fine and leave it at that... but I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too. I contacted my lawyer today to see if there is a clause I somehow over looked that gave my intended parents the right to supervise my medical treatment instead of simply observe... I sent an email a few weeks ago telling my intended fathers how I felt... never got a reply then realized just a little bit ago that I sent it to an old email addy... ugh now they called my Peri office today to get the results of my glucose and she told them she was unable to talk to them about anything. Now I am just waiting for a call from them like a kid who got caught stealing quarters or something... sorry had to vent... poop

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my thoughts but then i start feeling guilty that they have no control over the pregnancy there for want to control the carrier.... i guess i understand but i have reveiwed my contract and it only states that they be allowed to approve my Peri and OB thats it.... not that i have to submit my rights to observe over to them.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I think when you talk with the intended parents, you need to assure them you will keep them updated with the events of this pregnancy. Their position is not to control your every move. Why did they call your peri office instead of you? Are you not suppose to have verbal contact with them?

It seems like the IP are delving too deep into your medical treatment, they are suppose to observe and cherish the moment with you, not have complete control over you.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The weird thing is that I did call them after my peri appt yesterday and talked to them.... they wanted to interogate my peri i guess?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'd ask them point blank, why are they all up in your koolaid!! If you provided them with details of your appointment, what exactly are they expecting to find out in addition to what already provided.

Seems weird. I'm sorry

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Signing a HIPPA consent to release information (a standard form) doesn't give them the right to make your medical decisions. I am wondering if the protein test was standard and the OB forgot to talk to you about it? Is that possible? Have other things happened where you had medical procedures performed without your consent? I would be very suprised that a doctor would be willing to do this...

Anyhow, I hope things get resolved happily for you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I remember those days. I know it can be hard to have to deal with the pregnancy, your family, and the IP's and all their insecurities. I know I don't know all the details, but sometimes it helps to remember that they really don't have ANY control over the situation, and that by putting their noses in where they are usually not wanted
: , they have some feeling of control. Hold your ground and let them know how you feel about them relaying news from your Peri, instead of you getting the info first. The whole journey of surrogacy is so pivotal when it comes to the communication! I know...been there, done it. I hope everything goes well for you!!! (HUGS)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.