Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
per my update in "wish me luck thread"...

My dh asks if modern medicine is now wiser than God?

So, I need to get the info on "modern medicine" and how it came about. Should I even mention that most of our American modern medicine doesn't acknowledge the facts and research and only teaches the drs to cut? maybe not...

I'll be in religion now with the rest. I know I saw some great Martin Luther quotes there some time ago...

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks A&A, I've read that a few times, that's why I *knew* I should expect a change of tacks.

Anyway, I'm thinking that the modern circ is creepy, being a victorian holdover against masturbation?

I know know KNOW there is info on this that I haven't saved to my favorites.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post
Tell your husband this: God made man with a foreskin - American doctors tell us to cut it off. Who are you going to trust? Your loving god or your greedy, insecure human doctor?
:

(and I'm coming from a religion that values circumcision)

·
Registered
190 Posts
The form of circumcision performed in biblical times (for instance, Abraham and the like) was far less radical than what is done today:

http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcisi....html#article1

So even without discussing the religious aspects specifically, it can be pretty easily shown that the modern form of circumcision is not supported by either Jewish or Christian texts. Only less radical forms, where most of the foreskin is left intact, are supported by them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts