Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... I think this is a frustration thing but don't know how to handle it. My DD (she is two) has a bit of a temper and whenever things get slightly not her way she immediatly hits something or herself. IF she is hitting something, she only does it with her wrist her elbow (my thinking is if its not with her hand then she thinks its not hitting). But I hate it. I tell her htat its not good to hurt herself. She tells me her feelings she is overly good at it. Saying she is upset or mad or sad or crying or latly she calls things busy and I'm not quite sure what it really means to her but I have the feeling its smoething that she is when she si upset. Anyways I don't know how to handle this. I want her to know to be kind to herself as well as others. I dont' want her to bbe instantly mad all the time. Any adivice??

·
Registered
125 Posts
is there any chance that she has sensory integration issues? 2 of my 3 do and 1 behaves like this. He has a really hard time transitioning and needs advanced warning for almost everything... i.e. "i'm going to lay you down and change our diaper now", etc. You might look into it if you are concerned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts