Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me figure this out?
I am not eating milk/soy (allergist recommended) because he was having blood streaked mucusy green poo. I was avoiding casein all along but until allergist said soy I was not. As soon as I elimintaed soy, the blood streaks ceased.

He would randomly get red marks on his face which seem to come and go throughout the day, not every day and sometimes worse than other days.

They seem to be mostly around his upper and lower eyelids, although there are random red marks other places on his face ONLY.

I'm so stumped. I do keep a food/diaper/symptom journal and the truth is I generally eat the same things every day because I'm not a cook and its just easier so there are not a lot of food changes and I am not picking up patterns.

ALso, we "live" in the same room each day/night and it has happened once before in someone elses house.

I thought it may be bleach (diaper cloths) but I stopped that and it still happens.

I have 2 dogs and 2 cats, but they are everywhere he is...

I'm just stumped!
I did ask the allergist when we were there and he took off his glasses and said he thought it was nothing and did not give any explanation and then I was sorta embarassed and did not push.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My DD will get hives, mostly on her face, if she touches something that had dairy on it. We have to be very careful and wipes all surfaces. She'll touch her eyes and they have even swollen.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I had to be careful with my soap and lotions when DD was younger and spending more time nursing. She used to get alot of facial hives when she got upset or emotional (it scared me the first time). Now she'll just get very blotchey and red.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.