Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 586 Posts

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for all of you who have expressed great difficulty in getting over the loss of the HelloKitty love thread. It is a 15 step program (I know how addictive I can be therefore I'm quite sure you need more than 12 steps).

The first step is admitting that you have a problem. Do you think of me every time you see a Sanrio product? A commercial for pet food or cat litter? A random hairball? Do you have dreams about me that you would rather not admit to in a public forum? Have you found yourself randomly chanting "I love Kitty, I love Kitty"?

It's OK, never fear. While you can never be fully cured, you can take steps to regain control of your life and put limits on your obsession. Sometimes it helps to talk to others that are struggling as you are. This is the forum for that communication.

This thread is not about showing your undying love for me - that is self evident by your presence. It's not a competition to see if we can keep the thread on the first page. Like all addictions, the thread may come and go and that's OK. The important part is that it's here when you need a fix.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HelloKitty View Post
The first step is admitting that you have a problem. Do you think of me every time you see a Sanrio product? A commercial for pet food or cat litter? A random hairball? Do you have dreams about me that you would rather not admit to in a public forum? Have you found yourself randomly chanting "I love Kitty, I love Kitty"?
Hi, my name is Melanie, and I'm a Kittyholic.

I'm sure Kym and Amy will show up soon!

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kymholly View Post
Now, I'm wondering if this thread is in the correct forum.....
Well they didn't offer a "Finding Your Cult" forum so this was the next best thing.

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Good grief.
Yeah that about sums it up.

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kymholly View Post
Succinct.

BTW, annettemarie, I LOVE your avatar!
Thanks!
:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts

Problem is, it's not just me. It's my 2 year old as well. We have HK undies in the bathroom just waiting for her to graduate to them. and today, we went to borders to get a gift for FIL, and she managed to find the one and only Hello Kitty item in the whole store and started screaming with glee "Hello Kitty, Hello Kitty"...

I guess it is hereditary afterall.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
the worst part is when I'm just checking on MDC, when I really should be playing with DD, she sees the avatar and squeals "oooh, Hello Kitty"

the girl has a very limited vocabulary, how bad is it that "hello kitty" is one of her known words..

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When addiction strikes at such a young age, it can be tough on the family.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
: I often find myself singing "Hello, Kitty" to the tune of the Barenaked Ladies song "Hello City". I will always miss the vodka and therapy you offered on your thread. Sigh.

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanx Pixie
:

Don't worry whoamama, wherever I go, the virtual vodka follows.

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hormone issues? Uh oh. You might need a triple. And a side of dark chocolate.

1 - 20 of 586 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.