Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To buy things for the new baby!

I just bought a couple new born diaper from the TP! I have really been trying to hold back but I can't help myself. And I have been hawking slings!

Anyelse having a hard time holding back the urge?!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
OMG yes! I desperately want to buy some new dipes for the bean, but I don't actually need them (we still have all of DD's FBs) so I'm definitely holding off. I don't know how long I'll make it, though! I really want something super-cute to put on right after the birth this time!

We knew we'd probably have a second child, so we have just about everything we used for DD, so we shouldn't need much for the new baby for quite a while. It's a good thing, overall, but it's not completely preventing the shopping urges!

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
I'll confess, my NB diaper stash is pretty much complete at this point
: I made one for my sister too
:
: I cannot resist those itty bitty cloth diapers, they just do something to me

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I buy stuff for baby all the time and I don't even know that I'll be having one for sure. (part of trying to stay positive). Anyway - I don't usually buy diapers until later, but I buy other stuff, little booties, outfits, shampoo, lotion, etc.

I try not to go nuts though, I allow myself one baby thing each time I go to Wal-Mart or K-mart.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
With my DD I think I had most of my diaper stash from birth to potty training complete before the end of the first trimester. Most of what I bought didn't work for us and I ended up reselling them.

This time I'm not interested in shopping yet. Perhaps I will be after my next appointment. I really don't need much at all though. I NEED a new diaper changing pad, DDs is all cracked and icky. I'm somewhat looking at a double stroller but I really don't think we will need that either. I think I will be slinging one and pushing the other. I'll probably need some clothes too since they will be born in different seasons and possibly different sexes, but I'll wait until its born for that. We have enough neutral sleepers and onesies to last until I feeling up for shopping. I really can't think of anything else I NEED to buy or even want to.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was shopping the clearance racks today for my DD and I was trying so hard to find some cute baby boy (hoping for a boy) clothes, but I didn't find anything. But I made out like a bandit with eight .47 cent items for my DD!!!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Wow, I would LOVE to buy some cloth dipes, but we just don't have the money right now. My hubby is working overtime to come up with some baby splurge money, and then I will probably go crazy with dipes and slings!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.