Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some QD fitteds with snap-in soakers made of hemp fleece smooth-side-out. I've had the diapers ten days or less; they've been washed 5-8 times. Each time, as instructed, I've unsnapped the soakers. Tonight I found that one of the soakers has a hole next to one of the snaps, actually a sort of run that starts under the snap. The WAHM's warrantee says 90 days materials and workmanship, one year on snaps.<br><br>
Should I call this a warranteed thing and ask the WAHM about a new soaker, or is this my fault/normal wear and tear? All of my other fitteds have sewn-in QD soakers so I haven't had to deal with this before. I am sad about the soaker, but I don't want to take advantage of the WAHM for something that is my fault.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I'd email the wahm.<br><br>
Most wahms are more than happy to help you out. And since you had the diaper such a short time, it cant be your fault. It'd be different f you had the diaper say, 4 months, then email about a small hole.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I agree! As a wahm myself I'd want to know, especially since it has happened so soon after you received them.<br><br>
Good luck!

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Yep, I agree. Definitely email the WAHM - I would think she would be more than happy to help you out.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, all--I've been analyzing the soaker and I think the issue is that the snaps, which are hidden (a good thing) only go through one layer of hemp and are therefore hidden by two layers. I think they'd be a lot sturdier if they went through two layers and were hidden by only one. I've also noticed that my snapping/unsnapping is pulling the undamaged hemp rather alarmingly; I'd better be a lot more careful about unsnapping from now on.<br><br>
I'll e-mail the WAHM--thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
797 Posts
I'm glad you are emailing her. Not only will she probablly fix your diaper, but now she will know not to use a single layer of hemp for the snaps.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm sure she'd be happy to send you a new soaker. Sounds like it wasn't really anyones fault but you deserve a new soaker since that one is so new!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts