Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span class="messageBody">Any one have any holiday book suggestions (my son will be 3yo in a couple months) that talk about "the reason for the season", like giving, volunteering, family, etc.? We're not religious but do celebrate Christmas. Would like something to read to him to help teach him that the holidays aren't just about getting presents. Ya know? Also, am wanting to explain Santa to him in a way that makes him more of a symbol of giving, etc. than making him sound like a real person....</span></span></h6>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span class="messageBody">Greatly appreciate anything you can suggest!  :)  Happy Holidays to you and your family!</span></span></p>

·
Registered
170 Posts
<p>I, too, have a 3-yr-old and my local public library had some nice selections.  </p>
<p> </p>
<ul><li>
<p>A toned-down version of A Christmas Carol</p>
</li>
<li>
<p>The Polar Express (not one of my favorites)</p>
</li>
<li>
<p>How the Grinch Stole Christmas (I edited it on the fly when I read it to her)</p>
</li>
<li>
<p>The Night Before Christmas </p>
</li>
<li>
<p>Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (which shocked me, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend)</p>
</li>
<li>
<p>The Spirit of Christmas </p>
</li>
<li>
<p><i>Mr. Willowby's </i>Christmas Tree</p>
</li>
<li>
<p><a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=motheringhud-20&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FChristmas-Tree-History-Holiday-Traditions%2Fdp%2F1580892388%2Fref%3Dpd_sim_b_77" style="font-family:Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,75,145);line-height:1.25em;" target="_blank" title="Go to "O Christmas Tree: Its History and Holiday Traditions" page">O Christmas Tree: Its History and Holiday Tra</a>ditions</p>
</li>
<li>
<p><span id="user_btAsinTitle">The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree</span></p>
</li>
</ul>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts