Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're looking for a last minute holiday in two weeks time, for a week, or maybe we'll wait until April, it all depends on where we decide to go!

If we go soon, we don't have a passport for DD, so it has to be within the USA, the later trip might be more flexible but we'd need to stop by a US embassy to get our visas renewed.

We starting in Seattle. I'd appreciate warm weather, 60s maybe 70s, with a good chance of being dry. We don't need much, just somewhere we can get a family suite of motel rooms, maybe with some kind of cooking facilities. We'll hire a car, so we'd buy food to eat, though eat out a bit too. We don't need much to do, the kids are easily entertained by parks and libraries.

So what I'm saying it that it doesn't have to be a traditional holiday place to work for us, this is suppose to be a break! Cheap flights from Seattle are a bonus, as are shortish, I won't define short, but they'd have to be very good prices with a tempting destination.

Kids want to go to Las Vegas, we had a trip/holiday there and they obviously have good memories!

· Registered
2,590 Posts
how about San Diego? It is close to Seattle, warm and has lots to do - the zoo and Wildlife Park, Legoland, beaches, etc. LA and Mexico are pretty close if you wanted to strike out for a day. It is great vacation spot.

· Registered
4,893 Posts
How about Arizona? I've always wanted to see the Painted Desert. The landscape looks amazing. New Mexico looks wonderful too.

What sorts of things do you like to do as a family? We love to hike, swim, visit historic sites and museums or geographically different places. My kids like to horse ride too - now that they are teens, I can bless them and send them on their way, since its not my favourite activity.

· Premium Member
11,523 Posts
I was also going to suggest San Diego, as it's where we plan to go next month. There are some wonderful resorts right on the beach to stay in, as well as cheaper hotels nearby. Plus, if sea world is an interest they offer 7 day passes for the price of 1 (we don't plan on going 7 days, but it's nice to know we could go more than once for a few hours each time).

· Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
San Diego sounds good, I'd forgotten about Legoland, which DS would love. We wouldn't be able to go to Mexico, so that part of it is irrelevant.

We have friends in both LA and Santa Barbara that it would be nice to visit, but from San Diego a day trip to Santa Barbara would be too far, but also annoyingly close to not actually squeeze in a visit!

I was wandering about somewhere in the Bay Area, but I don't think I'd want to do downtown SF.

· Registered
238 Posts
San Diego will be warmer than Seattle, sure, but don't count on it being too warm. 60s most likely with some gloomy days. February just isn't the best month for San Diego.

I like the Arizona idea. We took our kids there last March and they had a ball. Lots of time at the pool, Spring Training, etc. We rented a condo at a big resort and hit Costco on the way from the airport and cooked many of our meals. Went to Sedona for a couple days and did some amazing hikes.

Hawaii? Can get a condo there. Food is expensive but if you have a condo you can cook in most meals.

We love Mexico and go there a lot.

I LOVE trip planning. Have fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.