Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an idea.. what do you guys think?
you post a list of things you wish you culd have for xmas/chanukkah/kwanza whatever.
and then other people put their list, and you try to grant wishes, and get your wishes granted.

ie.
tanya tootleneck wants:
1. used books
2. mix cds
3. chocolate from sees candies
and i HAVE some used books i can ship or drop off to her! yay! I granted a wish!

[if you you are able to grant a wish, please PM that person and let them know!]

and its just a giant MDC gift exchange!

so post your lists. and try to grants someone else's wishes!

what do you think?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
in case there may be confusion... i will start a wish list. and then maybe others will follow suit. I swear this will be fun if everyone participates

my wishlist:

1. items made by moms, i love homemade originals

2. a mix cd of your favorite music
3. cute print fabirc leftovers so i can make more wetbags
4. random cookbooks of anykind, new, used, old, weird, veggie, anything!
5. cool yarn for scarf knittery!

whats on your wish list?
maybe i have what you need!

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
esquisitebones: I really liked this idea but I was embarrassed to be the first person on the list because then people might think I was greedy for presents. Isn't that silly! I swear, I told myself, if no one else responded I would jump on here this evening.

umm, If we have something someone wants, should we pm them for their address?

okay, here's my list:

- handmade original stuff

- Bath/shower stuff (for me)

- Lotion (for sophia)

- Solid color toe socks

- Old issues of Sunset magazine or other
cooking /recipe magazines

- Large size diapers and covers/toddler prefolds

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
nak

i'm in! also if someone pm's u with something they have to give, shd u go back and edit the post to cross it off your list? Also, i think all swaps have to go in the swap section. I'll post my list later!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
Is this a local or all MDC thing?

Allison
i was thinking local, but i guess it works for everyone who would be willing to ship something
i would be willing to ship...

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisjean View Post
This sounds really cool, I'm in
Here is my wish list:
-homemade hat or leggins (for Tatiana)
-flavored coffee
-cloth breast pads
-lessons on how to knit
i am not great at knitting, but i could show you basics

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
My wish list is out of reach because what I really want is a real sewing station with a spot for my serger and regular machine. My bins desk vibrates so bad that screws keep coming lose from my machine!

But a real list might include:

-clothes that don't suck
-wardrobe consultation (I can only dress other people thankyouverymuch)
-a hairstyle
-dog care instruction (like show me how to brush their teeth without getting bit and how to cut their nails without bloodloss)
-Vegan chocolate
-A book on how to make your old t-shirts into something you'l actually wear, like "generation T"

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Oh fun, fun, fun! What a great idea exquisite, and it was great to meet you today. I'm glad I found out who you were! I am going to think about my list, but I already have somebody to PM...

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
i want to do this too!
I'll have to think about my list though

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I would like to join in............... I don't really know what I want yet but I can make some cool mixed cds and have some stash mohair (like a lot)........ in my former life I taught knitting too

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I'm in, and just PM'd someone I can give to
Hooray for giving.

My list, all I can think of right now (minus the three offers I already have!):
* Knitting lessons
* used novels (and i have some of these to give, as well!)

Hey, how come there is no way to "strike out" text on these boards? That would have been better than deleting things from the list, IMO.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
knitting lessons or sewing lessons (I have a machine, I don't know how to use it
)
knitting needles and maybe yarn?
BABYLEGS!!!
anything homemade for a baby girl
a homemade quilt or blanket for a baby

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
OK, I should just make a fast list - I can always edit it, right?
The only problem is I keep seeing great ideas from you guys, so I am going to look like a big copycat.

Frames! A mom can never have enough!

The CD idea is great! I could use some new music to check out!

Can I say toe socks too?

How about SEWING lessons? I have a machine my mom gave me and I don't even know how to use. Although y'all are making me want to learn to knit!

Books you probably wouldn't want to give up. I would really like to get my own copies of Hold On To Your Kids and Raising Your Spirited Child. Also anything about Homeschooling, or especially Unschooling.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I want to play. I can't think of much in the way of a list but here are a couple of things dd needs:

Tights (size 12 months or larger)

Winter booties
(Dd has poor circulation in her feet and there isn't a shoe that fits her very chunky small foot (she still wears a newborn or size 1). Socks don't stay on due to the fact that she has narrow ankles. I am having a hard time finding ways to keep her feet warm. I would love to have a knitted pair of booties which tie around her ankles).

Turtleneck Onesies (size 18 months)

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
nak I am willing to have people over that want to learn to knit........... it would need to be after the new year but I would love to teach again

My list... home made babylegs (for the manchild)
super cool yarn
used chapterbooks for the 7yo
chocolate

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by angstmommy View Post
used chapterbooks for the 7yo
What kind does she like? We are purging Raven's shelves. Would you shoot me if i brought over a stack of "American Girl" stories?
:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.