Mothering Forum banner

Holistic Pediatrician in Northern NJ?

20K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  Nazsmum 
#1 ·
I live in West Milford and work in Bergen COunty. I am looking for a pediatrician or practice that is very holistic, proBF, ant-vax. Anyone have recommendations?

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by graphicsteacher View Post
I live in West Milford and work in Bergen COunty. I am looking for a pediatrician or practice that is very holistic, proBF, ant-vax. Anyone have recommendations?
All these things in one Doctor are hard to come by. There is a very pro-BF Doctor in Pompton Lakes, but she'll go on at you regarding vaccinations. There is a Doctor in Wyckoff who is easy on vaccinations, but not so hot on bfeeding and doesn't understand non-circumcision at all.

The whole child center in Oradell seems to be the best alternative if you don't mind driving all that way. I go to Wyckoff because I do selective vaccinate my daughter so it's not a big deal to me. (I live in Bloomingdale).

#12 ·
Does Dr. Rosen support no-vax? and is he taking new patients? I'm looking for new ped dr. as my dr does not agree with me. My baby got some vax but we don't want to give anymore after doing thorough research abt vax. please advise. we're from somerset county but would be willing to drive for no-vax dr. Thanks!

#15 ·
I live and work in Sussex County and travel to TouchPoint pediatrics in Chatham. I have had no issues with their support of breastfeeding (my older son was breastfed until he was nearly 4). They say they are 'pro-vax' but we selectively vax and have never had an issue or concerns.

#17 ·
We LOVE Dr. Schlacter!! You're right OLIEN!.. He is awesome?! I've been to 4 other pediatricians prior to finding him. I am happy and relieved to say that my pediatrician search is over! My drive there is about 30-35 minutes, but I'm willing to drive the distance. It's a pretty ride too and for the few times we go, it's completely worth it.
smile.gif

#18 ·
Dr Rosen.

#19 ·
Dr Kerrigan at Touchpoint Pediatrics (Chatham, NJ) doesn't pressure us with vaccines. She is very friendly towards an alternate schedule. That said- our daughter DIDN'T go to daycare or have contact with other kids for her first year, she was watched like a hawk by my husband (stay at home dad). After the first year (when she started coming into contact with other kids, playdates..etc) we started our vaccination schedule but modified so she doesn't get anything unnecessary or more than 1 vaccine in a visit. We really like Dr. Kerrigan and touchpoint pediatrics. Wonderful place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.