Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Two years ago around this time of year I received a tiny envelope of hollyhock seeds. Well, now those seeds are a whole bunch of beautiful pink and dark reddish/purple hollyhocks!
: I've collected a bunch of seeds (mixed of the two colors) and would like to return the favor. So, if you are in need of some hollyhocks just post to this thread and I will pm you for your address. Postage is on me

Right now I have 8 envelopes ready!

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
sweet! Thanks. I'm always trying to fill this weird bed in front of my retaining wall and before the sidewalk. Why didn't they just build the wall to the sidewalk?

Anyway, do they like sun or shade, before I go all willy nilly and claim some?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMommyNiceNice View Post
sweet! Thanks. I'm always trying to fill this weird bed in front of my retaining wall and before the sidewalk. Why didn't they just build the wall to the sidewalk?

Anyway, do they like sun or shade, before I go all willy nilly and claim some?
They like lots of sun! I've got them right up next to my house where they don't really get maximum sun but they still seem to do okay.

I've pm'ed everyone who's posted so far for addresses. I posted a while back with a picture of my hollyhocks if you're curious. I'll go back and look for it. Here it is:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hlight=apecaut

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yay! I am glad they arrived safe and sound, rainbowmoon.

Still got plenty so I PMed jessaries and Red for addresses. Keep em coming!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, here's where I am so far.

Sent out seeds to lovnbnhome, Red and jessaries today, so expect those soon guys!

Got your address teacup and I will get those out tomorrow.

And pm'ed everyone else for addresses.
Still got more!
:

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kathirynne View Post
Can I plant them now, or should they be planted in the Spring?
Still got tons of seeds!

You can plant now, in which case they will come up and bloom next year. If you plant them in the Spring, they will come up but might not bloom the first year.

Today's batch went out to mumkenna&lucas, kristenok18, philomom and teacup. I can send out more tomorrow to lexapurple and kathirynne if I get your address in time.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.