Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE #2: Colin came home late Monday afternoon!!
: Yay!!! So far, he's been a dream. Nursing like a champ every 3-4 hours, and he's very mellow and zen. Knock on wood that things keep going well.... it's helping me a lot with the transition.

Here's a link to pictures! http://s424.photobucket.com/albums/pp328/sheilameus/

UPDATE: Bad news. Colin's bilirubin tests keep increasing, so they started him on the photo lights tonight. Looks like he won't be home until Monday at the earliest.

I know that jaundice is a common problem, and nothing compared to what so many other babies are fighting, but I am still just so upset. It is so hard to leave him behind in that hospital every day, plus see him lying there so small and vulnerable.
He's a trooper, though. Please keep him (and me!) in your thoughts.

I can't believe I'm a mom!

Colin Theodore made his grand appearance on Tuesday, August 12 at 8:49 pm. He was 7 pounds, 8 ounces, 21.5 inches long. We made it to 36 weeks and 5 days.

I'll write up my birth story soon, and post pics when I figure out how, but for now.... my water burst with a HUUUUGE gush on Monday morning at 4:30 am, and my HCP gave me 24 hours for labor to start on its own. Unfortunately, it didn't, so the pit was started Tuesday morning and baby finally came Tuesday night.

I was released from the hosp tonight (48-hour-insurance rule), but my little guy is still in the NICU. He was having a little trouble breathing that first night (shallow panting), so he was admitted. His breathing issues have resolved and he is doing great, but they won't let him go until he eats on his own for a full 24 hours. (His first day he was fed by IV).

He really is being a trooper and progressing really well, but there are so many "tests" he has to pass before they'll let him go home. It's like everytime he does what they say he needs to do, they throw another task in front of him that he has to meet.

Please keep my little guy in your thoughts, everyone, and pray that he continues to do well and can come home SOON!!!!

xxoo,
Belia

· Registered
687 Posts
Welcome Baby Colin and Congratulations!!!!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.