Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made roasted garbanzo beans for my DS and he LOVED them! He was shoveling them in his mouth like he hasn't eaten in a week. His response? "Beeeeeelicious"

He isn't a fussy eater. He likes a ton of foods that aren't typically "kid" foods, but he isn't much into beans (except in chili) so I was surprised they got such a great response from him. Though he does like hummus, but he can't see the whole beans in that...

Oh yeah, I seasoned them with olive oil and chili powder. I'll probably try soy sauce next time. I'm also thinking that oil and curry powder might be tasty as well.

Any other seasoning suggestions?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just used canned garbanzos. Rinsed them (to remove excess salt) and shook them dry. I coated them with oil and then the chili powder, baked at 400 for 20 minutes of so. I'll probably cook them a bit longer next time, they could have been a little more crispy.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I've done this since I saw it on this board a while back.

My youngest LOVES them.

I've tried olive oil with tamari soy, and OO with italian herbs.

The herbs are good, but kinda messy.

Quite tasty.

Tammy

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I LOVE these... time to make some, come to think of it!

I usually toss in olive oil, then sprinkle with a bit of sea salt, some granulated garlic and a bit of cayenne. If it's just me eating them, I put on a generous amount of cayenne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.