Mothering Forum banner
461 - 476 of 476 Posts

· Registered
45,796 Posts
OK, I washed and dried one of my new scarves from Dharma. It's still rediculously big. Yeah, I've seen people wearing large tichels and look lovely in them, but it's just not me. I wish I'd ordered some smaller hat-type things through the Dharma co-op. I may go ahead and order some stuff for myself NOT through the co-op- they have some actual hats, bandanas, and a "do-rag" that will either be perfect or look perfectly dorky. What I really want is the "rag" part of the "rag top visor"s I have for the summer, but without the visor part.

OK, does anybody have any clue what I can do with two 42" square scarves?

· Registered
2,574 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by elmo&zoe View Post
Umm, yeah. Sorta.
:

And I like Tevatush, but tush in Hebrew is magic marker, so I'm not sure that would work.

It also means "shower" as in "after toosh, kiss very very" or whatever that line is that DH always quotes.

I want to have people make our diapers and then sell them. Still waiting to find someone to make them, though. And right now I just need to have baby first...sigh...ain li koach!

I can deliver at home with my midwife in one weeks time...so it's right around the corner... B"H

· Registered
1,905 Posts
see, now I kind of like tevatush - knowing that tush is magic marker - I mean just how fitting is that? every kid eventually gets his/her hand on one of those and works some real magic.

Okay, maybe not. and now you know that I'm illiterate b'ivrit.

· Registered
12,614 Posts
Got an email from Funky Frum saying that there is free shipping on orders of $50 or more with code FFSUB116 at checkout.

Offer good through 11/30/06 on ground shipping within the 48 contiguous United States. Merchandise total must meet or exceed $50 (prior to shipping) to be eligible for free shipping.

· Registered
539 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
It also means "shower" as in "after toosh, kiss very very" or whatever that line is that DH always quotes.
That's what I used to think, and then I discovered the correct word was Dush, which means shower in French I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
I want to have people make our diapers and then sell them. Still waiting to find someone to make them, though.
That's my plan too. I don't sew, and I wish I could find someone who has the know how to design and sew the diapers, and I'll do all of the marketing and selling. Since I haven't found anyone like that yet, I'm working with what there is.

I don't love the idea of using tusik in the name, don't know why. Tush sounds better than tusik, and tuches is for the English or Yiddish speakers, it isn't really used in Hebrew.
Thanks everybody, this is helping me focus.

· Registered
539 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mombh View Post
Howabout tevatool, tivi-buddy, teva-buddy, bumbud, chitivi, chitivitool ,tinokteva,...tevatinok ,
eco-tooli, eco-tool , chi-tivi-lo/la ,bud-leud(cloth forever), ecco-tekko.....
good luck!! Behaztlacha!!!
Oh, I didn't notice this post (just so you understand how long it took me to post the previous post, who tries to post while putting the kids to bed? )

I really like bud-leud, I'm just thinking that I'd spell it bad laad, and then I have bad in there again. I also like the sound of eco-tekko, but probably need a different word there. HachiTivy is also not bad.
Hey, you're good at this! Thanks!

· Registered
948 Posts
I know I saw a post, Tikvah I think?, saying that we do not do Thanksgiving. We were talking about this over shabbes, how one friend thinks it's the most Jewish of the American holidays. We were talking about what the truly American holidays are: July 4th, Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day etc . And that there are Jews who dafka (on purpose) do not celebrate it. Anyone who fits into this category care to please share?

Aside from the practicality (why have a yuntiv-shabbes when you don't really *have* to...ie. Thanksgiving thursday then Shabbes the next night), why don't some yidden celebrate this very American of holidays that symbolizes our freedom to live our lives however we'd like in this free country of ours?

· Registered
1,905 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelMolly View Post
I know I saw a post, Tikvah I think?, saying that we do not do Thanksgiving. We were talking about this over shabbes, how one friend thinks it's the most Jewish of the American holidays. We were talking about what the truly American holidays are: July 4th, Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day etc . And that there are Jews who dafka (on purpose) do not celebrate it. Anyone who fits into this category care to please share?

Aside from the practicality (why have a yuntiv-shabbes when you don't really *have* to...ie. Thanksgiving thursday then Shabbes the next night), why don't some yidden celebrate this very American of holidays that symbolizes our freedom to live our lives however we'd like in this free country of ours?
So, my dh does NOT do Thanksgiving. What we do do is make a thanksgiving meal which is really just a tasting of Shabbos, but early. That's our compromise. We have friends who davka eat mac and cheese on thanksgiving - so that they won't be celebrating it.

461 - 476 of 476 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.