Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, this is baby number 3. I have been very fortunate in that I have not had any issues with either of my previous pregnancies but this one is turning into a real pain (literally).

What do I do about leg pain that is with me all day and keeps me up or wakes me up at night? It is like a serious build of pressure that makes my legs (more my right) feel like they are going to explode.

I am waiting for a call back from my midwife with any ideas. Has anyone been through this and found a way to relieve it?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Heat and elevation?

It, honestly, depends on what's causing the pain...if it's muscle cramps then heat should help...but if it's an "injury" of some kind or swelling you might want to try cooling...

Sorry, I'm not helpful...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Magnesium? Natural Calm is a good absorbable kind. Or even easier, an epsom salts bath will raise your blood magnesium levels for about two days.

I'd also look at homeopathy.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ladies, I like the idea of the epsom salts bath. It will be nice to have an "excuse" to take a bath. I just started the calcium for foot cramps but the leg pain is most likely a vein issue.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don't have much pain at all, but my veins are not looking so good this time around.
:

My m/w recommended taking "Butchers Broom" and using compression socks/hose. The BB has made a big difference, and I wear the socks when I'm going to be sitting or standing for a long time (church) or if my legs start to hurt even a little bit.

So far they are better.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I was going to recommend the compression stockings, too. It helps keep the blood from pooling in your legs. Sometimes stretching your calves can help somewhat if it's a cramping issue, but it doesn't sound like it. (Try standing on a step, shift your weight to one leg and drop that heal off the back of the step. You should feel a good stretch in your calf. Heat might help, too, so the bath is probably a great idea!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.