Mothering Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking that my symptoms have been almost non existent so far this pregnancy....and then I found myself sobbing uncontrollably into a bowl of ice cream last night, telling my husband that my life is hopeless. An hour later I was perfectly fine. He was trying really hard to be sympathetic while holding back laughter. I'm usually an extremely even keeled person in the emotions department.....

Anyone else feeling it?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Oh yes!! There's a children's short movie on Netflix called Room on the Broom, and I totally lost it crying because this bird was turned away by its family so bad haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jenn252

·
Registered
684 Posts
Definitely. I will get a random urge to cry, no reason. I've also become more irritable with things, and a few days ago I got into a big random emotional argument with DH about something that I don't even really care about. I had forgotten about this part! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes!!! I find my self really sad in the mornings. I have a tendency to get depressed during pregnancy instead of after. It is my least favorite part of pregnancy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh yes!! There's a children's short movie on Netflix called Room on the Broom, and I totally lost it crying because this bird was turned away by its family so bad haha

I did the same thing last weekend. In our defense, the movie is touching:wink:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Aw, hugs @JuniperC that's rough

Is anyone else feeling nauseous already?? I was 4 weeks yesterday. It just seems earlier than last time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Aw, hugs @JuniperC that's rough

Is anyone else feeling nauseous already?? I was 4 weeks yesterday. It just seems earlier than last time.

I just started to feel a bit queasy this afternoon. Am 4 weeks with a due date of Sept 27 and for my BFP this morning. With Dd1 it was 6 weeks and DD2 it was 5 so I hope it doesn't get worse. Last time was awful. :frown:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
We're almost due date buddies @jenn252 hopefully we won't be horrible morning sickness buddies as well

·
Registered
209 Posts
My wife has horrible morning sickness and sleeps most of the day. I wish there was something I could do to help her!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have felt nauseous only for a few minutes at random times the last two weeks. I expect to start feeling the constant nausea layer this week, as that's how it usually is for me. Already I am getting sleepier earlier in the evenings. We have started really working on getting the twins to fall asleep on their own and stay in their bed. I know it's a gradual process but boy it sure makes me tired to get up so much at night.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My wife has horrible morning sickness and sleeps most of the day. I wish there was something I could do to help her!
@DarcySD just being there for her is so helpful! It's such a miserable feeling, but my husband was great with running and grabbing me anything that sounded remotely palatable, or just standing by with a glass of water for after I was done yakking. Blah. Has she tried: ginger tea/chews, raw lemon, sea bands, unisom w/ b6, eating little bits of dry cereal through the day/night? I also found, and this is so bad, that eating a peanut m&m every 20 min or so helped. Maybe due to the protein in the peanut? Hope she feels better soon.

I am juuuuust now starting to get the bit of food aversion/nausea as well. I can still eat, but I know this means it's coming and I had it bad last go round. Not looking forward to balancing that with a toddler who needs to eat several times a day!
@2babies2kidsmom how old are your twins? What are you doing to get them to fall asleep alone? I am afraid I'm months/years away from that, my DD still nurses to sleep and sleeps in our bed.

Reactions: Erica13

·
Registered
141 Posts
They are 20 months. They share a bed and for the past 6 months or so I have been sleeping in their bed with them. It is super uncomfortable though. To get them to sleep we just try to wait until they are sleepy and then tuck them in bed with something to cuddle (a toy loader in my son's case, lol), then tell them to lay down and go to sleep. The first two nights my son laid there and cried for 5 minutes then he fell asleep. My dd kept getting out of bed and coming to the door, and I kept putting her back in bed. I finally had to come lay down in my own bed (we are all in one room) with the lights off and she went to sleep. Last night both kids fell asleep in the living room before we had a chance to put them in bed.

To get them to stay asleep in their bed, I go to them when they wake up and try to get them back to sleep by changing their diaper if they need it, rubbing their backs and tucking them back in. Then when I get tired of getting up I just go lay down in their bed for the rest of the night. That is how I got my other two kids to sleep alone. It helps a lot that we are all in the same room so I can quickly respond to them.

Your attitude matters a lot. If you are hesitant about making the transition she will pick up on that. If you are confident and act like it is normal and good for her to sleep in her own bed she will begin to believe it. But at the pace I am going I know it will take several months before they sleep alone.:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sarah, thank you for all of the tips. She has tried a few of those ideas but I will pick up some seabands for her to see if that helps. She tried the unisom/b6 combo but said it didn't help at all. I like the peanut m&m idea! Do you eat the lemon or just smell the lemon? :)

·
Registered
684 Posts
@DarcySD I would eat them, squeeze them in water, suck on them, smell them - lemon essential oil helps too, I think! I'm one of those weirdos that likes the taste of raw lemon, though. :) So interesting about the unisom/b6 not working. I never tried it last go round, but my midwife recommended it for this pregnancy as the #1 thing to help. I hope I have better luck than her!
@2babies2kidsmom that's very interesting. So sweet that they can cuddle together. I know we are so far away from that, because my daughter is so young and I have no plans to wean. Last night my nipples were so sore I considered night weaning her, but we have a cross country move coming up and I am afraid it will be too much change for her too fast, not to mention the first trimester of pregnancy is not a great time to be sleep deprived while doing a night weaning routine! ;) We might try this Spring or Summer, depending on how we feel. Thanks for sharing your routine!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts