Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! What do I do? This last diaper I made I turned into a pocket and the bumm area is soooo saggy! Its has way waay to much area for stuffing and we dont need that much. Do I make it narrower and risk having the butt cheekers falling out or is there some other modification I can make? Im tempeted to turn it inside out and put a little pleate of sorts down the middle of the outer fabric (velour) since the inner doesnt seem to have the problem. Any other way to remedy this for future diapers? Ill have to find a way to attatch pictures later. Thanks

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
FB do that on my daughter. She is 30lbs and 3.5 years old and I put her in a large FB yesterday (she is potty trained, but kept peeing on the floor so I asked if she wanted a diaper and she said yes. She quickly decided they aren't comfortable enough after wearing panties
) and I was thinking the same thing. The back was all saggy and the soaker just slipped right down and bunched up back there. I think the overall size was just too big on her. I can't really put my finger on what would make it work except sizing down. The waist fit, the thighs fit, but the bum was baggy. Strange. Maybe it's a rise thing?

I'd try sizing down first.. maybe a half-size and narrow the back just a LITTLE and see if that helps. For some reason, we usually get a better fit with a serged pocket than a turned one but I always just figured it was my daughters shape.

Sorry I'm not more help. Let us know the secret if you figure it out!

Amber

1 - 2 of 2 Posts