Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is already sooo swollen! We DTD Friday night and it took a good 5-10 min to get comfy. I feel how swollen it is when I pee too...ugh.<br><br><br>
Anyone else? Please don't tell me I'm the only one suffering from elephantitis of the girly bits...

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
<p>Mine is too. It gets so swollen after DTD that it's hard to pee. LOL</p>

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
<p>is it a lubrication issue maybe? i know if d<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:18px;color:rgb(70,70,70);">h tries to rus</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:18px;color:rgb(70,70,70);">h</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:18px;color:rgb(70,70,70);"> sometimes i feel like t</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:18px;color:rgb(70,70,70);">h</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:18px;color:rgb(70,70,70);">at. i would be cryings. I'm pretty much always in a mood right now</span></p>

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
<p>I'm DDCC, but wanted to let you know, I've had the same issue, off and on, this pregnancy.  Last night, I decided to try a trick that a previous midwife had recommended for AFTER birth.  I soaked a maxi pad in witch hazel, and shoved it in my underpants.  Usually, you would soak the pad in witch hazel, and then freeze it, but I was desperate and in a hurry, so I took a short cut.  Within 10-15 minutes, the swelling was significantly reduced. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've had vaginal varicosities in the past, and taken homeopathic hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) 9C, with great success.  It reduced the varicosities, and the over all swelling.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck!</p>

·
Registered
269 Posts
<p>I don't think you're the only one. Mine just started a few weeks ago. I hate it because it feels like there's "something" down there. I was this way with DD too and it got worse with pushing.</p>

·
Registered
269 Posts
<p>Google "pelvic congestion".... that's what I came up with for me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And yes, holy Batman!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've found being extra gentle and quick helps. And if need be I keep off my feet.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, I am assuming the Butcher's Broom I am taking for leg varicose veins is helping minimize this as well, though it certainly doesn't keep it from happening :(</p>

·
Registered
116 Posts
<p>I haven't had the swelling issue as of yet, but I have noticed that things are a smidge tighter - not swollen like PP's.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><TMI ahead> I love oral and I've found that some lip service in the area gets things a little more elastic and happy so we haven't had issues and we've been boinking either every night or every other. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Perhaps a little more warm-up and/or a relaxing massage before having a loin-to-loin chat would help? </p>

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
DDCC- The witch hazel pad post-dtd helps enormously. And I am soooo glad this issue has gone away postpartum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts